|The subject of this article is from the Synthesis update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 18 February, 2020.
The information from this article is is up-to-date as of 18 February, 2020.
|Category||Multi-tool - Scanner|
|Type||Analysis Visor Upgrade|
Survey Device is a Multi-tool technology.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Game description[edit | edit source]
A self-contained circuitry upgrade for the Analysis Visor, adding real-time analysis to the scanning array.
Toggle between Visor mode with Q/!. Use Surveying Mode to detect hidden terrain resources.
Sources[edit | edit source]
Build[edit | edit source]
Surveying Mode[edit | edit source]
This device allows the player to look for Power Hotspots, which are shown by Electromagnetic radiation. Following the pulsing signals on the left and right of the screen will lead the player to these spots, which are marked by lightning bolt symbols.
Usage[edit | edit source]
Use the following method to find a hotspot.
- Activate your Visor by Holding F/.../...
- Toggle Surveying Mode by pressing Q/.../...
- Notice the Hotspot symbol. This indicates the nearest type of Hotspot and the one the device is leading you towards right now.
- Notice the pulsing signals. Turn around until the pulsing signals are both on the left and right of the HUD.
- Notice the distance value. Keep walking forward so that the distance value decreases. Keep the pulses centred.
- When the distance is only a few metres, the analysis will start automatically.
- Click and hold the symbol to mark a waypoint.
- To toggle between surveying different Hotspots press 3
Finding different Hotspot types[edit | edit source]
The Survey Device detects a single nearby Hotspot at a time, either mineral, gas, or electromagnetic. You set it to detect a specific Hotspot type. If you are not finding the Hotspot type you are looking for, move away from the area until it detects something else.
- Turn around until the pulsing signals are both on the left and right of the HUD.
- Walk forward so that the distance value increases. Keep the pulses centred. You are moving away from the Hotspot.
- Wait for a different Hotspot symbol to appear.
Usage warning[edit | edit source]
Walk carefully. While distracted, it is easy to fall into holes, step on hazardous flora, or walk into the open mouth of a dinosaur.
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Operates automatically when installed and needs no fuel or recharging.
- When placed adjacent to the Analysis Sensor or other Scanner technologies, the player will receive additional bonuses.
- Building this upgrade is also one of the steps of the secondary mission Industrial Surveying
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Beyond - Added as new technology.