The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
|This article is about the Visions version of System colours. For the Atlas Rises version, see System colours (Atlas).|
System colours classify star systems based on colour.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The colour of a star provides many clues as to what forms of life, resources, and other items appear on its planets.
Yellow systems[edit | edit source]
- Warp Reactor Required: Hyperdrive
- Unique Resource: Copper.
- Note: these resources don't pertain to yellow stars only, they can be found in deposits formed only in yellow stars.
- Sparse rare materials
- All systems will be inhabited by a sentient race.
Red systems[edit | edit source]
- Warp Reactor Required: Cadmium Drive
- Recipe requires Chromatic Metal
- Unique Resource: Cadmium
- Uncommon rare materials
- Very high chance for Uncharted systems, low chance for inhabited systems.
Green systems[edit | edit source]
- Warp Reactor Required: Emeril Drive
- Recipe requires Cadmium mined from Red Systems
- Unique Resource: Emeril
- Common rare materials
- Average chance for uncharted and inhabited systems, low chance for Abandoned systems.
Blue systems[edit | edit source]
- Warp Reactor Required: Indium Drive
- Recipe requires Emeril mined from Green systems
- Unique Resource: Indium
- Abundant rare materials
- Average chance for uncharted and inhabited systems, low chance for abandoned systems.
When visiting a certain galaxy type, the probabilities of discovering various planet biomes are as follows.
The values in the table could be interpreted as per the following:
- 4 - Very high chance
- 3 - High chance
- 2 - Normal chance
- 1 - Low chance
- 0 - Zero or very low chance 1
1 This is up for debate, as there is no way to prove either interpretation.
Convert Dead To Weird[edit | edit source]
Convert Dead To Weird is a property with a value of 0.5.
It was added in the Visions update that introduced new Weird (Exotic) biomes by converting previously existing Dead biomes.
Due to this change there is a higher chance to find these biomes, even in yellow star systems as well.
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Current version of the game file related to the biome probabilities can be found here.
- A star's colour is indicated by the first letter of the star's Spectral class. Much of the above information is courtesy of LoneSeeker777's post on Reddit. Note that these are general results, and there may be exceptions.
References[edit | edit source]
- LoneSeeker777 (4 December 2016). PSA: Contents of Solar Systems and Planets have Changed. Here's What's Confirmed.. Reddit. Retrieved 17 December 2016