When adding comments, please add them at the top of page. Header should include the subject of your question and the date. Remember to sign your message as well.
- 1 COMPLETE - New Request - Adjusting Information for the HCIS - 10/8/19
- 2 COMPLETE - What the ewoks did I miss?
- 3 COMPLETE - The map has been updated to Beyond 9/9/19
- 4 COMPLETE - Request to append link to coordinate system in Extra Info 8/31/19
- 5 COMPLETE - Free Delta Initiative population 8/24/19
- 6 COMPLETE - Request to change EPM's location on the starmap 8/17/19
- 7 COMPLETE - Hubs & more 8/14/19
COMPLETE - New Request - Adjusting Information for the HCIS - 10/8/19[edit source]
Hello, my fellow Travellers! Just wished to make a couple of updates to the general information of the HCIS throughout the Federation and Civilized space displays in general. Our symbol has been updated (which also has its own alternate version), as well as our population has increased! Our Census shown on our subreddit now registers 7 players in total, bringing us into the Standard classification. Finally, I have gone through and updated/refreshed the description of the organization. Just making sure our personal information is up to date, and keeping ourselves active! Thank you for your time!
-Director of the HCIS Optimus3097 (talk) 13:56, 08 October 2019 (UTC)
COMPLETE - What the ewoks did I miss?[edit source]
OK, wow, that's a pretty empty starmap. Sigh, I guess a lot of people left. Oh well, could be worse. Dang though, that's a lot of now defunct interstellar communities. I, uh, I need to go sit down. * realizes I'm already sitting *, OK, well that didn't help anything with the newfound shock of a mostly empty starmap. I'm gonna go, and uh, make some cheese. Rockatoa, Brickticks (talk) 22:41, 24 September 2019 (UTC) out!
- Hello Brickticks, the map is a bit deceptive at the moment. Since I only add civilizations that have updated their Embassy pages to Beyond. I think there are still a few coming back. At the moment most are busy with cooking :) Immediately after an update, other topics take precedence. After a while, when everything new has been tried, some come back or discover the civilized space for the first time. --Artifexity (talk) 08:56, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
COMPLETE - The map has been updated to Beyond 9/9/19[edit source]
Users who want to establish companies may not know how to determine which quadrant they are in. Providing a simple conversion method in the "Extra Information" section of the page may be a viable way to mitigate this potential issue.
COMPLETE - Free Delta Initiative population 8/24/19[edit source]
Hi, why is the Free Delta Initiative marked as a Hub (on the map) when it isn’t? It is basically an alliance and the census consists of less individuals then the required 15 for Hub status. Also, why is the Cafe 42 civilization marked as Event and the "42" is marked white for some reason? Why so? Thanks, Winter naut (talk) 00:57, 25 August 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Winter naut, I've already talked to Moon cookies1 from the Cosmic Cooperative about my work on the map regarding Hubs. Please inform yourself about it in the lower section (Hubs & more 8/14/19). The 15 rule is an invention of the Federation to avoid fraud. It only applies within the Federation. On the map I apply various criteria to mark a Hub. The 15 rule is only one of them. The map is largely independent of wiki, federation or other interest alliances. I also try to take developments outside this community into consideration.
- During the Beyond Black Holes Contest, the Free Delta Initiative proved to be a Hub by making an extraordinary number of entries. In my opinion, this has only been possible with a high number of members or users who feel connected to the FDI. Shortly thereafter, I was asked by DeepSikz if I would mark the FDI as a Hub.
- Cafe 42 has an offshoot (Event) in the 42nd Galaxy. This is used as a port of call for travelers through the galaxies. Previously, the 42nd Galaxy had its own box on the map and so the event could be marked. But due to lack of information about the Event and lack of space on the map, I decided to change that. I am not satisfied with the solution and will change it again. Thanks for the hint.
COMPLETE - Request to change EPM's location on the starmap 8/17/19[edit source]
Sorry to have to bother you again so soon. But the capital of the EPM has changed a considerable distance, the system, planet and coords have already been updated on the Embassy page. For ease of access the new coords:
In case we need to document 5 in total new systems in the region just like when we started off, I'll get on it as soon as I get confirmation. I hope you'll be able to make the edit without having been too inconvenienced.
- Hello Blek456, I have adjusted the maps accordingly. To my knowledge, it suffices in such a case to document the capital system and the capital planet in the new region. The other old 4 star systems continue to count. Optionally, of course, it would be desirable for the new region to be documented as well. --Artifexity (talk) 10:27, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
COMPLETE - Hubs & more 8/14/19[edit source]
As said by Artifexity and many other users, Hubs are a controversial topic. And here I am, part of that now. I was told that 15 users in a Census must have a Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, or Gamepedia account to be a Hub. So that is why I had to wait for 25 Citizens, because many of the citizens did not have those accounts. However, some Hubs do not follow this and there are other issues as well with many of them:
- Amino Hub
- Census is outdated (Atlas Rises)
- Only 12 members actually have the accounts I mentioned
- Duplicate users
- Star systems are from Pathfinder
- Free Delta Initiative
- Actually an Alliance, not a Hub
- The Census has less members than 15
- Only 2 documented systems
- Alliance of Galactic Travellers This one is a little more complex:
- The Census includes members from Louyen, CELAB Galactic Industries, etc
- These members should not be counted toward the AGT hub in Gamma
- All the members of the Facebook are considered citizens? What if we made all of the people in our discord citizens?
- It still might be a hub, there is just no way of knowing
- The Census includes members from Louyen, CELAB Galactic Industries, etc
I do not mean to harm any of these civilizations: I am trying to make the wiki more accurate
In addition, civilizations without 5 documented systems or inactive since 2 updates ago (Abyss in this case) should be removed.
- Hello Moon cookies1, first I have to clarify something. We have to distinguish between the page of the civilized space and the map. The map serves primarily the general public, beyond Federation and Wiki. That's why there are also Civilizations and Hubs on the map that are not or hardly represented in the wiki.
- Through my role as moderator in the Federation, I am constantly receiving personal messages about new Civilizations or changes in existing ones. Therefore I have information to make the map as balanced as possible for all.
- History, activities and census are equally included in the evaluation of a hub on the map. I mentioned examples in response to my profile. If there are no previous stories or activities that indicate a Hub, I would point out the 15 verifiable members. That's what happened with your Civilization.
- The decision of 15 verifiable members on the wiki was a decision by the Federation to be recognized as a Hub. This was at a time when membership of the Federation was not determined by the documentation of star systems, but by the number of members. https://www.reddit.com/r/NMS_Federation/comments/981911/debriefing_and_result_of_the_vote_on_the/
- The next 3 months will continue to see Federation members on the map who may still be from NEXT. That's the effect of a Federation decision: https://www.reddit.com/r/NMS_Federation/comments/bowaz1/fsa_supplement_42/
- Under the heading "Under construction" are all Civilizations which are either new and/or do not meet the minimum requirements for Civilization recognition. As well as Civilizations or Hubs, which are not represented in the wiki accordingly. I will present this more clearly in the map after your request in the future.