We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
When adding comments, please add them at the top of page. Header should include the subject of your question and the date. Remember to sign your message as well.
- 1 COMPLETE - Star system page not linking to other pages
- 2 COMPLETE - Application to join UFT 11/2/2019
- 3 COMPLETE - Introducing the Volition Project to Civilised Space // Application to the UFT - 10/25/2019
- 4 COMPLETE - New Request - Adjusting Information for the HCIS - 10/8/19
- 5 COMPLETE - What the ewoks did I miss?
- 6 COMPLETE - The map has been updated to Beyond 9/9/19
- 7 COMPLETE - Request to append link to coordinate system in Extra Info 8/31/19
- 8 COMPLETE - Free Delta Initiative population 8/24/19
- 9 COMPLETE - Request to change EPM's location on the starmap 8/17/19
- 10 COMPLETE - Hubs & more 8/14/19
Could someone please check the Vovaykeva page? The parent pages of Volition Project and Lihalaw Void pages don't link to that page and my skills with Wiki editing are very limited. The link stays red and says 'page doesn't exist'. Thanks in advance Gaspurr (talk) 13:03, 10 November 2019 (UTC)
- Yes it seems like a caching thing. Only issue that's left is the Navigator at the bottom Vovaykeva page which says 'category doesn't exist'. Gaspurr (talk) 16:59, 10 November 2019 (UTC)
COMPLETE - Application to join UFT 11/2/2019[edit source]
Hello all, I would like to have my group called Darkk Sector Syndicate added to the civilized space page. I am in the Alpha quadrant of Eissentam. My civilization has been added to the map but is not under the navigation zone for Eissentam. Here is a litlle lore i created for my civilization. "We are a technological society that aims to find a way to preserve our existence after the "death" of the ATLAS. Located in the Tegoci region of the Alpha quadrent in Eissentam, we are constantly on the search for Glitch planets which we believe may be a way to understand how the ATLAS works."
- I have reviewed your embassy page and the two star pages (and planets) that you've added to the wiki. Made a couple of changes there to match up with the rest of the wiki formatting; those pages are good to go. You'll need to create three more star pages (per the requirements on the civspace page) and once those are reviewed-and-approved, we'll add your civ to the the civspace page. Before you create those pages, though, review the changes made to your first two star pages and include those changes in your new pages as well. Thanks much - looking to adding your page to Civilized space in the near future! Ddfairchild (talk) 03:46, 3 November 2019 (UTC)
- Hello Darkkblaz, as soon as Ddfairchild has reviewed the pages and the recognition as a civilization has been done, the Darkk Sector Syndicate will be added as a new member of the Federation. Welcome. Artifexity (talk) 15:19, 3 November 2019 (UTC)
Ok thanks, I have looked over the edits you made and will implement them when I add the next 3 systems. It may take me a few days or so before I am able to fully add the next 3 systems, but I will post here when it is finished.
- Works for me! (BTW, if you include four tildes
~~~~at the end of your posts, it will tag your user name and date. Thanks!)
- Works for me! (BTW, if you include four tildes
- Pages reviewed and approved - have added your civ to the CivSpace page - welcome! May you live long and prosper. BTW for future, make sure to include the needed Category section at the bottom of each page, as well as creating the necessary Category pages. If you have questions on how categories work, give me a holler. Thanks! Ddfairchild (talk) 23:11, 3 November 2019 (UTC)
COMPLETE - Introducing the Volition Project to Civilised Space // Application to the UFT - 10/25/2019[edit source]
Good day all, I would like to have our PC player group named The Volition Project added to the Civilised Space page please. We are in the Gamma quadrant. Our aim it to become a member of the UFT. I see we have already been added to the map but the intro text is missing. So here we go: "The Project's mission is to explore the worlds out there and drive the frontier ever further by finding new places and by claiming worthy assets for generations of pioneers who may follow in our wake. We are curious frontiersmen and -women with a heart and soul for intrepid expansion." - V.PRO Project Lead Andrew Gaspurr
- Hi Gaspurr, as soon as Ddfairchild has reviewed the pages and the recognition as a civilization has been done, the Volition Project will be added as a new member of the Federation. Welcome. --Artifexity (talk) 16:03, 25 October 2019 (UTC)
- OK, I did a review of the first three "A" systems, and made a variety of changes, mainly with the Alias names section, resource links, and categories. You can review these changes, then make the same to your remaining star systems. I figure it would be easier for me to make a couple changes and just have you review them as compared to "giving you instructions" <g> Also, the page on the mineral was perfectly fine as to how it was written, but we don't normally create individual pages for minerals or plants. It's fine to include information on the planet page about them. Now if the mineral is really unique-and-fascinating, the a separate page would be ok. Lemme know once you've update the remaining pages - thanks! Ddfairchild (talk) 00:05, 28 October 2019 (UTC)
- Hi all, I have seen the 'recommended' edits and I'm getting more firm using Wiki formating so yes, I'll do the other edits soon and will continue to use them for star systems. As for the mineral page, yeah, I figured they were really special and looked like the Gek may have worshipped them in the past. Very peculiar, but I will be really strict when adding more of this very individual stuff. Gaspurr (talk) 09:40, 28 October 2019 (UTC)
- Right, I think I catered to most, if not all, your propositions and thank you for your reviews so far. Let me please reiterate the Volition Project's application to the UFT and us looking forward to being a part of this fine crew. Godspeed. Gaspurr (talk) 19:02, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
COMPLETE - New Request - Adjusting Information for the HCIS - 10/8/19[edit source]
Hello, my fellow Travellers! Just wished to make a couple of updates to the general information of the HCIS throughout the Federation and Civilized space displays in general. Our symbol has been updated (which also has its own alternate version), as well as our population has increased! Our Census shown on our subreddit now registers 7 players in total, bringing us into the Standard classification. Finally, I have gone through and updated/refreshed the description of the organization. Just making sure our personal information is up to date, and keeping ourselves active! Thank you for your time!
-Director of the HCIS Optimus3097 (talk) 13:56, 08 October 2019 (UTC)
COMPLETE - What the ewoks did I miss?[edit source]
OK, wow, that's a pretty empty starmap. Sigh, I guess a lot of people left. Oh well, could be worse. Dang though, that's a lot of now defunct interstellar communities. I, uh, I need to go sit down. * realizes I'm already sitting *, OK, well that didn't help anything with the newfound shock of a mostly empty starmap. I'm gonna go, and uh, make some cheese. Rockatoa, Brickticks (talk) 22:41, 24 September 2019 (UTC) out!
- Hello Brickticks, the map is a bit deceptive at the moment. Since I only add civilizations that have updated their Embassy pages to Beyond. I think there are still a few coming back. At the moment most are busy with cooking :) Immediately after an update, other topics take precedence. After a while, when everything new has been tried, some come back or discover the civilized space for the first time. --Artifexity (talk) 08:56, 25 September 2019 (UTC)
COMPLETE - The map has been updated to Beyond 9/9/19[edit source]
Users who want to establish companies may not know how to determine which quadrant they are in. Providing a simple conversion method in the "Extra Information" section of the page may be a viable way to mitigate this potential issue.
COMPLETE - Free Delta Initiative population 8/24/19[edit source]
Hi, why is the Free Delta Initiative marked as a Hub (on the map) when it isn’t? It is basically an alliance and the census consists of less individuals then the required 15 for Hub status. Also, why is the Cafe 42 civilization marked as Event and the "42" is marked white for some reason? Why so? Thanks, Winter naut (talk) 00:57, 25 August 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Winter naut, I've already talked to Moon cookies1 from the Cosmic Cooperative about my work on the map regarding Hubs. Please inform yourself about it in the lower section (Hubs & more 8/14/19). The 15 rule is an invention of the Federation to avoid fraud. It only applies within the Federation. On the map I apply various criteria to mark a Hub. The 15 rule is only one of them. The map is largely independent of wiki, federation or other interest alliances. I also try to take developments outside this community into consideration.
- During the Beyond Black Holes Contest, the Free Delta Initiative proved to be a Hub by making an extraordinary number of entries. In my opinion, this has only been possible with a high number of members or users who feel connected to the FDI. Shortly thereafter, I was asked by DeepSikz if I would mark the FDI as a Hub.
- Cafe 42 has an offshoot (Event) in the 42nd Galaxy. This is used as a port of call for travelers through the galaxies. Previously, the 42nd Galaxy had its own box on the map and so the event could be marked. But due to lack of information about the Event and lack of space on the map, I decided to change that. I am not satisfied with the solution and will change it again. Thanks for the hint.
COMPLETE - Request to change EPM's location on the starmap 8/17/19[edit source]
Sorry to have to bother you again so soon. But the capital of the EPM has changed a considerable distance, the system, planet and coords have already been updated on the Embassy page. For ease of access the new coords:
In case we need to document 5 in total new systems in the region just like when we started off, I'll get on it as soon as I get confirmation. I hope you'll be able to make the edit without having been too inconvenienced.
- Hello Blek456, I have adjusted the maps accordingly. To my knowledge, it suffices in such a case to document the capital system and the capital planet in the new region. The other old 4 star systems continue to count. Optionally, of course, it would be desirable for the new region to be documented as well. --Artifexity (talk) 10:27, 17 August 2019 (UTC)
COMPLETE - Hubs & more 8/14/19[edit source]
As said by Artifexity and many other users, Hubs are a controversial topic. And here I am, part of that now. I was told that 15 users in a Census must have a Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, or Gamepedia account to be a Hub. So that is why I had to wait for 25 Citizens, because many of the citizens did not have those accounts. However, some Hubs do not follow this and there are other issues as well with many of them:
- Amino Hub
- Census is outdated (Atlas Rises)
- Only 12 members actually have the accounts I mentioned
- Duplicate users
- Star systems are from Pathfinder
- Free Delta Initiative
- Actually an Alliance, not a Hub
- The Census has less members than 15
- Only 2 documented systems
- Alliance of Galactic Travellers This one is a little more complex:
- The Census includes members from Louyen, CELAB Galactic Industries, etc
- These members should not be counted toward the AGT hub in Gamma
- All the members of the Facebook are considered citizens? What if we made all of the people in our discord citizens?
- It still might be a hub, there is just no way of knowing
- The Census includes members from Louyen, CELAB Galactic Industries, etc
I do not mean to harm any of these civilizations: I am trying to make the wiki more accurate
In addition, civilizations without 5 documented systems or inactive since 2 updates ago (Abyss in this case) should be removed.
- Hello Moon cookies1, first I have to clarify something. We have to distinguish between the page of the civilized space and the map. The map serves primarily the general public, beyond Federation and Wiki. That's why there are also Civilizations and Hubs on the map that are not or hardly represented in the wiki.
- Through my role as moderator in the Federation, I am constantly receiving personal messages about new Civilizations or changes in existing ones. Therefore I have information to make the map as balanced as possible for all.
- History, activities and census are equally included in the evaluation of a hub on the map. I mentioned examples in response to my profile. If there are no previous stories or activities that indicate a Hub, I would point out the 15 verifiable members. That's what happened with your Civilization.
- The decision of 15 verifiable members on the wiki was a decision by the Federation to be recognized as a Hub. This was at a time when membership of the Federation was not determined by the documentation of star systems, but by the number of members. https://www.reddit.com/r/NMS_Federation/comments/981911/debriefing_and_result_of_the_vote_on_the/
- The next 3 months will continue to see Federation members on the map who may still be from NEXT. That's the effect of a Federation decision: https://www.reddit.com/r/NMS_Federation/comments/bowaz1/fsa_supplement_42/
- Under the heading "Under construction" are all Civilizations which are either new and/or do not meet the minimum requirements for Civilization recognition. As well as Civilizations or Hubs, which are not represented in the wiki accordingly. I will present this more clearly in the map after your request in the future.