The Technician is a hirable Vy'keen NPC, required for exocraft geobay construction. They can mostly be found in Vy'keen systems, but can also randomly be found in systems controlled by other species. Before hiring a Technician, a Habitable Base must be claimed, with an Engineering Terminal built.
Missions[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Technician after hiring. Receive blueprint for geobay.
- Talk to technician, build Roamer Geobay, requires voltaic cell from scientist. Buy Dynamic Resonator. heridium.
- Talk to Technician, receive blueprint for Exocraft Signal Booster.
- Talk to technician. Build Exocraft Signal Booster. Receive Exocraft Mounted Cannon blueprint.
- Build Exocraft Mounted Cannon. Talk to Technician.
- Use Exocraft Signal Booster to locate a depot. Steal 70 Armadium, bring it to technician. Receive Exocraft Acceleration Module.
- Build Exocraft Acceleration Module. Talk to Technician.
- Reach Transmission Tower before time runs out. Receive Exocraft Mining Laser.
- Talk to technician. Build Exocraft Mining Laser, talk to technician again. Receive Nomad Blueprint.
- Mine 20 Detritum, talk to technician. Receive Exocraft Signal Scanner Upgrade Sigma.
- Install Signal Scanner Upgrade, talk to technician. Receive Exocraft Mounted Cannon Upgrade Sigma.
- Collect 100 Nanite Clusters to give to the technician. Talk to technician. Receive Exocraft Acceleration Module Upgrade Sigma
- Talk to the technician. He will give you the waypoint to a monolith. Go to it within the time limit and activate it. Return to technician. Receive Colossus Geobay.
- Talk to technician after building Colossus geobay. Receive Exocraft Mining Laser Upgrade Sigma.
- Talk to technician. Give 100 Nanite Clusters. Receive Exocraft Signal Booster Upgrade Tau.
- Talk to technician. Build Nomad Geobay. Receive Exocraft Acceleration Module Upgrade Tau.
- Talk to the technician. He will ask you to visit a Communications Station. Activate the terminal within the time limit for a reward of 2000+ units. This mission can be repeated endlessly.