|The subject of this article is from the Synthesis update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 18 February, 2020.
The information from this article is is up-to-date as of 18 February, 2020.
|This article is about the current version of Technology. For the Atlas Rises version, see Technology (Atlas).|
- 1 Summary
- 2 Exosuit technology
- 3 Multi-tool technology
- 4 Starship technology
- 5 Exocraft Technology
- 6 Freighter Technology
Summary[edit | edit source]
When installing and upgrading technology, there are specific domains that can be upgraded. Your current stats are shown on the right hand side of the panel of your multi-tool or starship (stats for the exosuit are not displayed in-game).
- In starships, you upgrade Damage Potential, Shield Absorb, Hyperdrive Range, and Maneuverability.
- For Multi-tools, you upgrade Damage Potential and Scanner Range.
- For the Exosuit you can upgrade Life Support, Hazard Protection, Movement, and Gloves.
How to use technologies:
- Loot, buy or otherwise learn blueprints.
- Craft Technologies and install them into slots (general slots or technology slots).
- Optionally buy Upgrade Modules and install them.
- If needed, dismantle Technologies and re-craft them in a different slot.
Exosuit technology[edit | edit source]
- Hazard Protection - Exosuit Environmental Shielding (recharged with Sodium-based substances, augmented with Environmental Shields)
- Shield Lattice - Hazard Protection Upgrade
- Life Support - Suit Survival Power Pack (recharged with Oxygen). Note: Using Jetpack, Speed Augmentation, and Torch drains Life Support too.
- Jetpack - Aerial Propulsion Booster
- Haz-Mat Gauntlet - Exosuit Augmentation (needed for gathering advanced substances)
Multi-tool technology[edit | edit source]
Press G to Toggle tool modes. Press R to reload certain weapons.
MultiTool - Mining[edit | edit source]
- Mining Beam - Mineral Extraction Laser (recharge with Carbon, mines basic resources)
- Advanced Mining Laser - Mining Beam Companion Unit (mines advanced resources)
- Terrain Manipulator - Terraforming device (adds/removes terrain, mines resource deposits)
- Geology Cannon - Terrain Destruction Device (needs unstable plasma, rapid ground excavation)
MultiTool - Exploration and Defence[edit | edit source]
- Scanner - Topographic Survey (detects resources essential for survival)
- Analysis Visor - Binocular Tagging Device (enhanced HUD and detection abilities, enables detailed scans)
- Survey Device - hotspot locating system (shows locations of hotspots)
- Waveform Recycler - MultiTool Upgrade (faster scanner cool down) [classified as Exosuit technology but is installed on the Multi-tool]
- Personal Forcefield - Defensive Shield Technology (protection, drains life support, prevents MultiTool use while active)
MultiTool - Offensive weapons[edit | edit source]
- Boltcaster - Energy Projectile Weapon (needs Projectile Ammunition, cf pistol)
- Barrel Ioniser - Boltcaster Upgrade
- Pulse Spitter - Rapid Fire Projectile Weapon (rapid fire, cf submachine gun)
- Amplified Cartridges - Pulse Spitter Upgrade
- Scatter Blaster - Scatter Shot Projectile Weapon (close-range, wide-cone, slow, cf shotgun)
- Shell Greaser - Scatter Blaster Upgrade
- Blaze Javelin - Energy Beam Weapon (recharge with Carbon, cf Phaser)
- Mass Accelerator - Blaze Javelin Upgrade
- Plasma Launcher - Explosive Grenades (needs unstable plasma, cf hand grenades)
- Combat Scope - Weapon Precision Enhancement (hold RMB to zoom, cf sniper sight attachment)
Starship technology[edit | edit source]
Starship Flight Technology[edit | edit source]
- Launch Thruster - Vertical Take-off System (to lift off, recharge with Starship Launch Fuel, Press W then SHIFT)
- Pulse Engine - Starship Flight Booster (to fly in local system, recharge with Tritium, press SHIFT then A+D)
- Hyperdrive - Lightspeed Warp Drive (to jump between Yellow Systems, recharge with Warp Cell, used via map)
- Cadmium Drive - Hyperdrive Upgrade: Red Systems
- Emeril Drive - Hyperdrive Upgrade: Green Systems
- Indium Drive - Hyperdrive Upgrade: Blue Systems
- Emergency Warp Unit - Hyperdrive Upgrade (allows user to escape from combat by warping, destination is unpredictable and technology must be repaired after use)
Starship Shielding Technology[edit | edit source]
- Deflector Shield - Spacecraft Hull Protection (recharged with catalytic elements)
- Ablative Armour - Starship Shield Upgrade
Starship Laser Weapon Technology[edit | edit source]
- Phase Beam - Spacecraft Laser Device (asteroid mining, default long-range weapon, cf hit-scan Phaser)
- Fourier De-Limiter - Phase Beam Upgrade
- Positron Ejector - High Energy Starship Weapon (close range, wide cone, cf shotgun)
- Fragment Supercharger - Starship Positron Ejector Upgrade
- Infra-Knife Accelerator - Rapid Fire Starship Weapon (cf minigun)
- Nonlinear Optics (Infra-Knife Accelerator) - Infra-Knife Accelerator Upgrade
Starship Projectile Weapon Technology[edit | edit source]
- Rocket Launcher - Spacecraft Projectile Weapon
- Large Rocket Tubes - Starship Rockets Upgrade
- Photon Cannon - Spacecraft Projectile Weapon
- Nonlinear Optics - Photon Cannon Upgrade
- Cyclotron Ballista - Non-guided Starship Weapon
- Dyson Pump - Starship Cyclotron Upgrade
Starship Scanner Technology[edit | edit source]
- Economy Scanner - Long-range Sensor Technology (unlocks third map panel, enables detection of Trading Posts)
- Conflict Scanner - Long-range Sensor Technology (unlocks fourth map panel)
Other Starship Technology[edit | edit source]
- Teleport Receiver - Ship-Mounted teleportation device (long-distance ship inventory access)
Exocraft Technology[edit | edit source]
- Fusion Engine - Exocraft Power System (fuel)
- Exocraft Signal Booster - Exocraft Scan Equipment (press X to scan for buildings)
- Exocraft Acceleration Module - Exocraft Engine Upgrade
- Exocraft Mining Laser - Exocraft Mining Attachment
- Exocraft Mounted Cannon - Exocraft Weapon Attachment
Freighter Technology[edit | edit source]
- Warp Core Resonator - a level 1 technology that increases jump range
- Amplified Warp Shielding - a technology allows warping to red systems
- Chromatic Warp Shielding - a technology allows warping to green systems
- Plasmatic Warp Injector - a level 2 technology that increases jump range
- Temporal Warp Computer - a technology allows warping to blue systems
- Reality De-threader - a level 3 technology that increases jump range
- Matter Beam - long distance matter transfer