|The subject of this article is from the Atlas Rises update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 23 July, 2018.
Tetraceris is a genus of fauna.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Tetraceris is a genus of fauna in No Man's Sky. Commonly referred to as "antelopes" (the term the game code uses), "deer," and similar terms, due to their similarity with Earth animals. Tetraceris species can be found on land, excluding caves.
Name origin[edit | edit source]
"Tetr" mean four, possibly referring to the four parts of the antler accessory. The "ceri" of Tetraceris resembles "cervine" in a small way, which refers to deer.
It may also be an adaption of the generic naming convention Tetracerus, the combination of two Greek words: tetra ("four") and ceros ("horned"). A single Terran species of deer belong to this grouping, bearing the full name of Tertracerus quadricornis.
Major Variants & Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Tetraceris only has one major variant.
- Quadrupedal, usually hooves or elephant-like feet.
- Often have some form of horns, ranging from small stubs to decently-sized antlers.
- Two distinct eyes, a mouth, and nose at the end of snout (with the exception of the "flower-headed" variant, which appears to have one eye and no mouth or nose).
Tetraceris Body Parts[edit | edit source]
Notes: Some heads are dimorphic, such as dog head and frilled dog head. Tetraceris shares the floral head with the Ungulatis genus. Tetraceris have a large amount of insect-like heads compared to other non-insect genera.
Tetraceris's rhino foot also bears similarities to, or may be the same as, the long toe foot of the Ungulatis genus.
Tetraceris's body type 2 is similar or the same as Ugulatis's body type 2. Tetraceris only has two body types, one thin and one thick. Thin bodies are usually tall, thick bodies are usually short.
If presented with a creature that one cannot tell if it is of the Ungulatis or Tetraceris genera, here are some tips to differentiate:
- Ungulatis will never have the stump tail or split tail.
- Ungulatis will never have any of Tetraceris's heads other than the floral head.
- Ungulatis will never have antlers.
- Tetraceris will never have any fins or sails.
- Tetraceris will never have back feet and front feet that are different.
Body Parts - Images[edit | edit source]
Letters beside part names refer to Lamb's Classification Method.
Needed images: Possibly a medium length tail. Single curved back ridge, and the multiple back ridge variant. Shoulder spikes.