The Looland Corporation
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
|This page fills the role of Headquarters for a Company organization. The information found here represents a user-created Company that is a creative addition to the game.|
|The Looland Corporation|
|Services||varied products and services|
The Looland Corporation is a civilized space corporation.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Looland Corporation is a Civilized space corporation specializing in the development, manufacturing and supply of industrial ordnance and other technologies and equipment for use in various industrial, commercial, agricultural, residential, transportation and security settings. The Looland Corporation also provides transportation services, as well as educational/research services, financial services and security services.
The Looland Corporation (with its subsidiaries) currently employs 1,500,000+ people of all races, across the Nulodun Cloud. Our administration staff doubles as managerial staff for our several subsidiaries/divisions. The Looland Corporation is governed by a board of directors consisting of administrators and upper-management as well as support staff and consumer representatives. The Looland Corporation remains a private company.
The Looland Corporation was created by the merger of three companies: Looland Industrial Ordnance Supply Co. (LIOSC) -formerly Rust Mountain Cavern Lubricant Supply- founded by H'woytkyet (deceased); Keldaro Defense Manufacturing (KDM) -formerly Keldaro Company of Balmaari- founded by Ganton S. Davis, Sr. (deceased); and Oriac Security Concepts (OSC) -formerly ROA Group- founded by -CLASSIFIED-
These three companies form the base/foundation for The Looland Corporation. We have recently acquired the Gilmour Research Group, a marine-based company focusing on research, education, and tourism under the waves of various planets in the Nulodun Cloud. We are proud to welcome GRG to the winning team! Our subsidiary information is listed below.
|MAJOR SUBSIDIARY||EXCHANGE SYMBOL||HQ - SYSTEM||HQ - PLANET||PRESIDENT||EMPLOYEES||PRODUCTS/SERVICES|
|Looland Industrial Ordnance Supply Co.||LIOSC||Cleef||Notwen||sewercuse||150,000||liquid explosives, other farming, mining, R&D, etc.|
|Keldaro Defense Manufacturing||KDM||Kahiylleteon||Yarta Osa||QueenGhidora315||500,000||building contractors, weapons production, vehicle production, shipping, etc.|
|Oriac Security Concepts||OSC||Larrampilsan||Tedram||-CLASSIFIED-||15,000 (estimate)||security contractors, logistics, communications, R&D, etc.|
|Gilmour Research Group||GRG||Drugo||Drugon||Muad'Dweeb||250,000||marine exploration, marine life research, educational services, tourism, etc.|
Corporate Mission[edit | edit source]
"Building a better galaxy...for all."
The Looland Corporation and its various subsidiaries - past, present, and/or future - strive to manufacture and supply high quality, efficient, and effective products to its customers at a reasonable price.
THE LOOLAND CORPORATION DOES NOT CONDONE THE USE OF ITS TOP QUALITY, EXTREMELY EFFICIENT, AND HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PRODUCTS FOR ANTAGONISTIC ENDEAVORS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Militaristic applications - including coups, invasions, espionage, etc.
- Piracy - in star systems, the space between star systems and/or on planets, moons, asteroids and/or other natural or manufactured inhabitable surfaces
- Criminal activity - includes assassination, mass murder, inciting riots and general unrest, hooliganism, thievery, etc.
The Looland Corporation is not responsible for the effects of the usage of its various products by its customers. Any legal liability lies solely on the user of the products. Once a product has been manufactured, sold, and delivered, The Looland Corporation is cleared of any legal ramifications that have come about due to the misuse of its products by its customers.
Our history...Our Legacy...Our honored past[edit | edit source]
The Looland Corporation has a storied legacy. The concept of The Looland Corporation began decades ago, in the mind of a talented, and imaginative individual by the name of H'woytkyet (name at birth unknown). As an executive with Keldaro Defense Manufacturing (KDM) on the planet Balmaari, he went on a research mission for the company in the Oriac system, fell in love with Looland, a sparsely populated planet in the system, and decided to give up his position at KDM and start anew on his new homeworld. During his interactions with the local Gek farmers and workers, he noticed a need for mechanical expertise and founded the Rust Mountain Cavern Lubricant Company specializing in the development and manufacturing of industrial lubricant all the while providing assistance with mechanical equipment.
After a few years, the clouds of war began to swell in the skies of Looland, as a rogue Vy'keen division had set its sights on the lonely outposts of the planets of the Oriac system. With ancient vengeance (and modern greed) in their hearts, the brutal horde of Vy'keen began their invasion of the system, enslaving the young and physically strong, and slaughtering the feeble, weak, and insubordinate.
H'woytkyet, always an opportunistic man, lent his more questionable talents to the aid of the local Gek rebellion, taking to space in his custom-built fighter ship, the legendary Penetrator 1A (now on display, and recommissioned as LSS AD-3C Penetrator), and began hunting down the invaders, and pirating their various ships, frigates, and freighters. Finally, when it was obvious that the small rebellion would receive no aid in their defense, the commanding Gek surrendered the system.
The Vy'keen agreed to let survivors leave the system if they wished; any survivor that wished to stay was free to do so, however, they were forced to live under Vy'keen rules and laws. H'woytkyet decided to stay, and became a celebrated and feared bounty hunter for the ruling faction, tracking and eliminating rogues, criminals, pirates, and even other bounty hunters for a hefty fee. His success supplied him with high favor in the eyes of his former adversaries, and they rewarded him with immense wealth.
The Vy'keen rulers decided on an immense (and ultimately disastrous) project of terraforming the undesirable planets of the system (Sol Selegna and Looland) in hopes of attracting immigration to the system. Sol Selegna, once a hot, humid world, became a lifeless, barren planet when its atmosphere burned away, and Looland became a toxic world - increased temperatures evaporated the ocean, the rain drops became heavy, toxic sludge, and the fauna perished. The Vy'keen brought in hybrid fauna to populate the planet, but their tinkering alerted the Aerons (an unfamiliar force in the system), who were on their way to investigate. Ultimately, the Vy'keen faction of Oraic and their subjects were terminated by the Aeron forces in the Battle of Oriac.
H'woytkyet, meanwhile, had ventured into a new business opportunity, turning his lubricant company into the Looland Industrial Ordnance Supply Co. (LIOSC). Under this name, his company produced, sold, and used an innovative liquid explosive from a formula of his own development. Basically a "front company," LIOSC's products were used against the Aeron Forces in the war. However, the self-replicating army were not to be denied, and the system once again fell under the control of a new ruling faction. LIOSC continued to thrive, even capturing isolated Aeron Sentinels in order to research their simple, yet extraordinary mechanisms. Legend has it that the company reprogrammed a handful of Aeron Sentinels, but this is unconfirmed. H'woytkyet became obsessed with the Aerons. He was especially curious about their mechanical and technological inner-workings and their hive-like "society."
As the company grew, and H'woytkyet's antics against the Aerons became more bold, brash, and bewildering, the hierarchy of LIOSC contemplated removing the now volatile CEO from his leadership role in the company. Debates and arguments raged in the offices of the upper management and administration for months until one day, while out hunting Aerons with a small research team (including current CEO -CLASSIFIED INFORMATION-), H'woytkyet mysteriously vanished. After years of searching, the LIOSC administration declared their founder deceased, and began to restructure their leadership, appointing former Vice President of Research and Development, -CLASSIFIED INFORMATION-, as CEO and Chairman.
The war was still raging, even reaching back to Balmaari and affecting KDM (H'woytkyet left the company on good terms and remained an adviser until his disappearance), practically bankrupting the company. LIOSC, seeing an opportunity, pounced swiftly and bought up the barely operating KDM. Also caught up in the fighting, a small local mercenary group, the ROA Group (subsequently reformed as Oriac Security Concepts (OSC), found themselves swallowed up by the ever-expanding LIOSC conglomerate. With these three cornerstones in place, The Looland Corporation was born.
With every birth - and as an entity grows - pain is to be expected. The Looland Corporation, and its subsidiaries, now in full-scale war against the Aeron forces in the Oriac system, experienced pain when the tyrannical Aerons, in overwhelming numbers, began their own "terraforming" campaign, by destroying the planets in the war-torn system. The Looland Corporation and its subsidiaries (whose homeworlds of Balmaari (KDM), and -CLASSIFIED- (OSC) were also destroyed as punishment) were forced to regroup, and relocate.
Currently headquartered at Blacksands Center on the planet Yawlaffay, in the Widiskeijauf-Guwaufdajud system, located in the Nulodun Cloud region of Euclid, The Looland Corporation is rebuilding into a stronger company, with the lofty goal of providing all Travellers with useful products that are needed in their various endeavors across the galaxy.
Employment Opportunities[edit | edit source]
The Looland Corporation and its subsidiaries are currently searching for qualified individuals to fill several vacant positions. Interested parties should contact our Personnel Department for information on said positions, and necessary qualities required for each position. A resume is desirable, but not required. Contact us today!
If you own a company and wish to join the winning team, just contact our representatives and they will help your company as it journeys on its path to success...the path to The Looland Corporation!
The Looland Corporation does not discriminate against potential employees, partners, allies, or customers based on race, sex, religious beliefs, age, or past affiliations. We strictly follow the codes laid down in the Independent Nulodun Cloud Systems Agreement (INCSA). HOWEVER, if you are, or were, affiliated with certain organizations that have shown, or could show, aggression towards The Looland Corporation, you will be subject to strict and effective interrogation carried out by OSC agents, which is legal under the INCSA. Current flagged organizations that shall warrant such extreme measures include: Aeron (Sentinel) Forces responsible for the destruction of the Oriac System; Aeron (Sentinel) Forces responsible for attacks on our facilities on Notwen, Yarta Osa, Tedram, and Yawlaffey; Members of the Pukane Cartel, and their allies (ie. The Followers of H'woytkyet) for attacks on Yawlaffay carried out from their base of operations on the moon Puka.
Corporate Policies[edit | edit source]
If you wish to become an integral part of our team, we must insist you follow these guidelines:
- Our products are to be made only from the finest ingredients, and with the utmost care and dedication to our customers' demands.
- Our several facilities are to be kept efficient, clean, and inviting for employees, customers, and visitors.
- Our customers' satisfaction and privacy are the highest priorities for our corporation and its subsidiaries.
- Our internal "business" is just that...OURS!
Corporate Conventions[edit | edit source]
The Looland Corporation isn't looking for acceptance or grandeur. We do not dictate how our subsidiaries and/or affiliates name their discoveries. However, we do ask that all seriousness is taken into consideration with regard to naming discoveries. For instance, that strange cow-like creature with bulging eyes you discovered on the toxic planet Looland (R.I.P.) should not be named "SURPRISED COW" or "CURDLED MILK!!! MOO." Why not name it "Loolandic Cattle" instead. Here are simple guidelines for naming systems, planets, fauna, and flora:
- Systems - be creative, come up with something unique, create your own language and apply it to the other discoveries in the system.
- Planets/Moons - be creative, perhaps use the language you created when naming the current system.
- Fauna - be creative, use the creature's info panel to come up with a name i.e. a 3.5m crab that eats red flowers could be "Giant Rouge Crab," or "Girocra," or use the system language.
- Flora - be creative, use the plant's info panel to come up with a name i.e. a tree that receives nutrients from buried treasure could be "Pirate Tree," or use the system language.
Have fun, but don't be too silly. No "Buck Was Here" planets in a "No Man's Eye" system, please.
When it comes to freighters, frigates, ships, exocraft, and multi-tools, The Looland Corporation asks its subsidiaries to strictly follow these guidelines:
- Freighters - the designation LSS (Looland Star Ship) is to be used, followed by a name of your choosing.
- Frigates - the designation LSS is to be used, followed by a name of your choosing, and then a specific alpha-numeric code for identification and classification purposes.
- Ships - the designation LSS is to be used, and then a specific alpha-numeric code for identification and classification purposes, followed by a name of your choosing,
- Exocraft - the designation LXC (Looland eXoCraft) is to be used, and then a specific alpha-numeric code for identification and classification purposes, followed by a name of your choosing.
- Multi-Tools - the designation LMT (Looland Multi-Tool) is to be used, and then a specific alpha-numeric code for identification and classification purposes, followed by a name of your choosing.
The alpha-numeric codes to be used are as follows:
Frigates[edit | edit source]
- for combat-centered ships use SWS-# -(SWS is Steele-class Warship Subsidiary-owned. # is the importance you place upon the given frigate, with 1 being the main ship of the given category.)
- for support-centered ships use GSS-# -(GSS is Gretzky-class Support vessel Subsidiary-owned. # is the importance you place upon the given frigate, with 1 being the main ship of the given category.)
- for industrial operations-centered ships use CFS-# -(CFS is Creator-class Factory ship Subsidiary-owned. # is the importance you place upon the given frigate, with 1 being the main ship of the given category.)
- for trade-centered ships use WTS-# -(WTS is Whitesuit-class Trade ship Subsidiary-owned. # is the importance you place upon the given frigate, with 1 being the main ship of the given category.)
- for exploration-centered ships use LRS-# -(LRS is Looland-class Research vessel Subsidiary-owned. # is the importance you place upon the given frigate, with 1 being the main ship of the given category.)
EXAMPLE: the lead combat frigate of your fleet could be the LSS Sentinel Destroyer SWS-1
Ships[edit | edit source]
- for fighters use AD-#shipclassS -(AD is Attack/Defense ship. # is the importance you place upon the given ship, with 1 being the main ship of the given category. shipclass is the class of the ship...S, A, B, C. The final S is Subsidiary-owned.)
- for haulers use TC-#shipclassS -(TC is Transport-Cargo ship. # is the importance you place upon the given ship, with 1 being the main ship of the given category. shipclass is the class of the ship... S,A,B,C. The final S is Subsidiary-owned.)
- for shuttles use TP-#shipclassS -(TP is Transport-Personnel ship. # is the importance you place upon the given ship, with 1 being the main ship of the given category. shipclass is the class of the ship... S,A,B,C. The final S is Subsidiary-owned)
- for explorers use ER-#shipclassS -(ER is Exploration/Research ship. # is the importance you place upon the given ship, with 1 being the main ship of the given category. shipclass is the class of the ship... S,A,B,C. The final S is Subsidiary-owned.)
- for exotics use UX-#shipclassS -(UX is Universal/eXotic ship. # is the importance you place upon the given ship, with 1 being the main ship of the given category. shipclass is the class of the ship... S,A,B,C. The final S is Subsidiary-owned.)
EXAMPLE: the main exotic of your fleet could be the LSS UX-1SS Breath of Time
NOTE: We advise all ships of a subsidiary's fleet to be heavily armed due to frequent conflicts in the several systems of the Nulodun Cloud region.
Exocraft[edit | edit source]
- for colossus vehicles use LTV8S -(Large Transport Vehicle, 8-wheeled, Subsidiary-owned.)
- for roamer vehicles use MTV4S -(Medium Transport Vehicle, 4-wheeled, Subsidiary-owned.)
- for pilgrim vehicles use STV2S -(Small Transport Vehicle, 2-wheeled, Subsidiary-owned.)
- for nomad vehicles use LRVGS -(Light, Rapid Vehicle, Glide, Subsidiary-owned.)
- for nautilon vehicles use MSVHS -(Marine/Submersible Vehicle, Humboldt, Subsidiary-owned.)
EXAMPLE: your pilgrim exocraft could be the LXC STV2S Duster.
Multi-Tools[edit | edit source]
- for small multi-tools use HH-#class -(HH is Hand-Held tool. # represents the current tools occupancy in your possession, with 1 representing the fact that this is your first tool. class is the class of the tool...S,A,B,C.
- for standard mechanical rifle multi-tools use LA-#class -(LA is Long-Arm tool. # represents the current tools occupancy in your possession, with 1 representing the fact that this is your first tool. class is the class of the tool...S,A,B,C.
- for alien multi-tools of any size use OT-#class -(OT is Off-world-Technology tool. # represents the current tools occupancy in your possession, with 1 representing the fact that this is your first tool. class is the class of the tool...S,A,B,C.
- for experimental multi-tools of any size use XX-#class -(XX is eXperimental/eXotic tool. # represents the current tools occupancy in your possession, with 1 representing the fact that this is your first tool. class is the class of the tool...S,A,B,C.
EXAMPLE: your fourth multi-tool overall, an experimental, could be the LMT XX-4S Peacekeeper
The Looland Corporation understands that it may be difficult for our subsidiaries to follow the strict guidelines for designating ships, exocraft, and multi-tools. We appreciate the effort it requires. However, the naming convention(s) are essential for identification and record-keeping. If your company has any problems following these guidelines, please contact our representatives for assistance.
Administration Information[edit | edit source]
|NAME||POSITION(s)||CONSOLE/MODE||PLANET (OFFICE)||PLANET (HOME)|
|-CLASSIFIED-||CEO & Chairman The Looland Corporation||-CLASSIFIED-||Yawlaffay||-CLASSIFIED-|
|sewercuse||COO & CIO The Looland Corporation/President LIOSC||PS4/Normal||Yawlaffay, Notwen||-TBD-|
|QueenGhidorah315||VP of Research & Development The Looland Corporation/President KDM||PS4/Normal||Yawlaffay, Yarta Osa||Yarta Osa|
|-CLASSIFIED-||Director of Personnel Department The Looland Corporation/President OSC||-CLASSIFIED-||Yawlaffay, Tedram||Tedram|
|Muad'Dweeb||Director of Public Relations The Looland Corporation/President GRG||PS4/Normal||Yawlaffay, Drugon||-TBD-|
Corporate Locations[edit | edit source]
The following systems have been discovered and utilized in some form by The Looland Corporation:
|SYSTEM||MAJOR PLANET||IMPORTANT SITE(S)||COMPANY/COMPANIES||SITE DESCRIPTION||SITE COORDINATES||LOCAL PORTAL GLYPHS|
|Widiskeijauf-Guwaufdajud||Yawlaffay||Blacksands Center||The Looland Corporation||Corporate HQ||-NA-||419BF9A81BFA|
|Cleef||Notwen||Keenan Gorge Acid Farm||LIOSC||Company HQ/plantation||-NA-||-NA-|
|Kahiylleteon||Yarta Osa||Walker Pass LG Farm||KDM||Company HQ/manufacturing facility||-NA-||-NA-|
|Larrampilsan||Tedram||Fort Peril||OSC/LIOSC||Company HQ (OSC)/ordnance testing site (LIOSC)||-NA-||-NA-|
|Drugo||Drugon||Lords Lake Resort||GRG||Company HQ/vacation resort/research facility||03F9:0078:027F:018C||218CF9A80BFA|