|The subject of this article is from the Synthesis update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 18 February, 2020.
The information from this article is is up-to-date as of 18 February, 2020.
Third-Party Tools is a collection of links to external tools that can be used to enhance a user's experience in No Man's Sky.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Third-Party Tools are tools in the form of an app, website, or software which aid or augment the No Man's Sky gameplay experience in some way. Not to be confused with mods, these tools can be used by players on all platforms, and generally rely on user-entered information.
The most well-known example of a third party tool in the NMS community is Pilgrim Star Path by pahefu, the galactic-coordinate plotting app.
Communication / Social[edit | edit source]
- NMS Lore Vault: Browser-based App - After signing up to be a Lore Author, you can create stories of any length, which may also include images and/or videos. Then, your story is automatically assigned a unique "Access Key," which can be posted on Communications Stations or Message Modules in-game, along with a short link to the website. Other players who locate the message in-game can use this "Access Key" to view your story. This allows you to leave information, lore, or other text on a planet while bypassing the Communications Station's relatively low character limit. By TheMarco (Reddit, Twitter).
Database[edit | edit source]
- Atlas Codex Browser-based App - Used to upload your discoveries to a community database, and keep track of your discoveries and journey. Among the many features is a rich filter and search functionality and a journal that keeps track of a player's uploaded discoveries.
- Assistant for No Man's Sky: Google Play App Store Android app aimed at making Traveller journeys easier by providing in-game information on game blueprints and recipes.
- The Portal Repository: Website featuring a detailed database of player-submitted portal addresses. Addresses are organized by game platform, mode, galaxy and keywords.
- Coordinate Exchange: Subreddit Largest NMS related catalogue of ships, multi-tools, player bases/farms, planets, and more!
[edit | edit source]
- Hub Management System: Browser-based App - Used for navigation within the Galactic Hub. Click any star system except the Galaxy Centre to begin using it. Data can be inputted using the HubMSData page, but only for the 11 Galactic Hub regions. By pahefu (Reddit).
- No Man's Connect: Software - Something of a hybrid between a mod and third-party tool, No Man's Connect can function automatically for PC players. PS4 users can still input their locations manually, similarly to Pilgrim Star Path. NMC is primarily a tool to display the location of various players in the universe, but has other features as well. By jaszhix (NoMansSkyMods).
- Pilgrim Star Path: Browser-based App - To check your location using Pilgrim Star Path, input your Galactic Coordinates as found on a Signal Scanner. You can then use this information to plot a course anywhere in your current galaxy. Data can be inputted using the RecommendedLocations and PlayersLocations pages. By pahefu (Reddit).