Timeline - Galactic Hub
This page covers the timeline of the Galactic Hub civilization.
- 1 Summary
- 1.1 2016, Oct 30 - Founding Day
- 1.2 2017, April 9 - Official Flag & Emblem Adopted
- 1.3 2017, April 15 - United Federation of Travelers Founding Day
- 1.4 2017, April 16 through 18 - Harsh Buds War / The Bez-Harr Incident
- 1.5 2017, August 20 - Renaissance Era
- 1.6 2018, June 30 through August 3 - ARK Project and NEXT Generation Galactic Hub relocation scouting
- 1.7 2018, August 3 - NEXT Generation Galactic Hub: The Arm of Vezitinen
- 1.8 2018, August 16 - New Lennon Announced
- 1.9 2018, August 19 - Galactic Hub Emblem Datamined
- 1.10 2018, August 30 - Galactic Hub Emblem Added in First Community Event
- 1.11 2018, December 1 - Tropical Colony Interloper Island on Axby Delta Opens
- 1.12 2018, December 21st - Winter Colony Mount Loper Opens
- 1.13 2019, June 11 - Parzival Raceway Exocraft Racing Event begins
- 1.14 2019, August 15 - Galactic Hub Beyond
- 1.15 2019, August 18 & 19 - Galactic Hub Beyond Council Meetups
- 1.16 2019, August 24 - Logra Lake Diplo Ranch Colony on Jolivi Opens
- 2 Press & Hello Games References
- 3 Misc Historic Images
Summary[edit | edit source]
2016, Oct 30 - Founding Day[edit | edit source]
- The Galactic Hub Project was officially launched on October 30th, 2016, with the thread "Galactic Hub Project Explained".
- The initial concept of mutually beneficial, cooperative, localized exploration would prove to be a backbone for all future Galactic Hub ventures.
- An acknowledgement is also made to the fact that the Galactic Hub came from the NoMansHigh and NoMansFans subreddits.
2017, April 9 - Official Flag & Emblem Adopted[edit | edit source]
- The Galactic Hub's flag & emblem were officially adopted after a community vote. The designing artist is Torsten Hartmann, aka morgvom_org.
2017, April 15 - United Federation of Travelers Founding Day[edit | edit source]
- The Galactic Hub, Alliance of Galactic Travellers, Galactic Empire of HOVA, Arcadian Republic, Chrisubidon, and the Yebdishtei Federation founded the United Federation of Travelers.
- The Federation would become a guiding force in Galactic Hub policy and politics, particularly in reinforcing documentation specifically on the Gamepedia Wiki.
2017, April 16 through 18 - Harsh Buds War / The Bez-Harr Incident[edit | edit source]
- The Galactic Hub became an unwilling staging ground for a conflict between two civilizations. (This "conflict" was done in fun, lore / image-based, and before the days of multiplayer PVP options.)
- Galactic Hub officials encouraged peace.
2017, August 20 - Renaissance Era[edit | edit source]
- First migration to a new region of space (Shungka Void) due to the impending Universe Reset
- Galactic Hub Council formed
- Galactic Hub Renaissance Cup - Exocraft racing tournament across various tracks
2018, June 30 through August 3 - ARK Project and NEXT Generation Galactic Hub relocation scouting[edit | edit source]
- Galactic Hub council members and other Hub members who applied for and were approved for the ARK Project traveled to the new Hub location in advance to establish the HUB1 region and name all systems prior relocation. Over 500+ systems in HUB1 were named and tracked with a shared Google spreadsheet. (Read-Only Copy of Spreadsheet)
- PS4 User Gainsdalf found the Top of the Tree 3 (ToTT3) but accidentally gave system default name of Rastand-Ink due to the pressure to name it properly and created the ARK Proejct members' inside joke of "Gainsdalfing".
- Several other base sharing mechanics and testing was done during this time to help Hub members including testing of limits, farms, teleportation, and traveling to the new region.
- HUBer was also coined at this time too and still is the most effective way to get to the Galactic Hub without having any warp upgrades.
2018, August 3 - NEXT Generation Galactic Hub: The Arm of Vezitinen[edit | edit source]
- The Arm of Vezitinen region announced as new core region of the civilization, with plans to avoid relocation in the future.
2018, August 16 - New Lennon Announced[edit | edit source]
- New Lennon, primary capital planet for the Arm of Vezitinen, was opened for settlement on this date.
2018, August 19 - Galactic Hub Emblem Datamined[edit | edit source]
- WinderTP notified AndyKrycek6, who notified the community, that the Galactic Hub civilization emblem had been found in the game code. The news was met by wide celebration and some degree of skepticism.
2018, August 30 - Galactic Hub Emblem Added in First Community Event[edit | edit source]
- "Galactic Hub Decal" was added as an unlockable item in the Quicksilver Store in the first community update event. This was widely celebrated by the Hub community, and likely provided the most significant sense of canonization of all prior in-game acknowledgements of the civilizations.
2018, December 1 - Tropical Colony Interloper Island on Axby Delta Opens[edit | edit source]
- The Interloper Island colony on Axby Delta was announced to the Hublic.
- The Council had already constructed their homes on Axby Peak by this point.
- Interloper Island / Axby Delta was the Galactic Hub's first non-capital colony, marking a major focus and use of intentional, localized, multiple-player building which had previously been limited only to the single capital system, HUB10-6A Quetzalcoatl's Sun, mostly New Lennon.
2018, December 21st - Winter Colony Mount Loper Opens[edit | edit source]
- The Mount Loper colony began accepting applications on this day (the Winter Solstice).
- Applicants were accepted until each platform reached 25-30 confirmed uploaded bases on the planet.
2019, June 11 - Parzival Raceway Exocraft Racing Event begins[edit | edit source]
- The Parzival Raceway Event by AndyKrycek6 was a single-track competition under the Galactic Hub Star League which gave competing interlopers the opportunity to win a real-world gold-colored Alpha Vector ship model for first place, or a Galactic Hub Pin Badge for runner-ups.
2019, August 15 - Galactic Hub Beyond[edit | edit source]
- Galactic Hub Beyond thread outlined the civilization's hopes and plans for the new era, including live-multiplayer restaurants and Galactic Hub Industries production colonies.
2019, August 18 & 19 - Galactic Hub Beyond Council Meetups[edit | edit source]
- The Galactic Hub Council met on these days in the HUB10-150 Bowie system to take group photos and celebrate the beginning of a new era.
2019, August 24 - Logra Lake Diplo Ranch Colony on Jolivi Opens[edit | edit source]
- The Diplo Ranch colony at Logra Lake, planet Jolivi, system HUB9-19C Kalynos VI, was opened to the public on this day.
- This was the second Galactic Hub Industries production colony, after the lesser-publicized Darkstar Mining on planet Ashes to Ashes, system HUB10-150 Bowie.
Press & Hello Games References[edit | edit source]
Hello Games[edit | edit source]
- 2017, January 16 - HG tweeted about the Hub on the 16th, "Here's a shout out to /r/NMSGalacticHub, an awesome bunch collaboratively exploring a single region in NMS" with a link to the Hubreddit.
- 2017, January 30 - HG tweeted about it again on the 30th, "Great video explaining a great community-driven initiative!" in reference to JustJarrod's video on the Hub.
- 2017, April 17 - Hello Games briefly included the Drogradur diplos during their 2017 GDC talk, Building Worlds in No Man's Sky Using Math(s).
- 2017, May 22 - Hello Games retweeted a Galactic Hub advertisement, "Why should you head to the Hub?".
- 2017, October 12 - Hello Games retweeted a post by AndyKrycek advertising the Galactic Hub's Renaissance Cup - Exocraft Race Cup.
- 2019, April 29 - Sean (@NoMansSky) shows Galactic Hub & United Federation of Traveler pins, and 3D Sentinel Models, sent by AndyKrycek6
Official Media Outlets[edit | edit source]
- 2019, May 6 - No Man’s Sky’s best and brightest are trying to build a perfect colony: The quest to build a No Man’s Sky city, an article on the Mount Loper colony. Also includes some Hub history, such as how the concept of colonies developed.
- 2019, May 16 - The genius of No Man’s Sky’s imaginative architects, an article on the Alliance of Galactic Travellers art system AGT Fever Cloud which also mentions Galactic Hub architects-for-hire and general architects like nmskibbles.
- 2017, March 9 - A Team Of No Man's Sky Players Have Spent Months Mapping A Corner Of The Universe, a general article on the early Hub.
- 2017, August 11 - Kotaku published an article, "At Long Last, No Man’s Sky Players Meet Up In-Game," which reported on one of the first (or perhaps the very first) meeting between two players in the Galactic Hub after Update 1.30.
- 2017, August 23 - Kotaku published an article, "No Man's Sky Players Who Colonized A Galaxy Now Have To Find A New Home," which reported on the Hub's move from the Rentocnii Conflux to the Shungka Void.
- 2017, October 3 - Kotaku published an article, "Archeologist Digs Into Remains of No Man's Sky Abandoned Player Civilization," which reported on the NMS Archaeological Survey's research in the Legacy Region.
- 2017, October 25 - Kotaku published an article, "No Man's Sky Players Have A Space Government, Politics and All," which reported on the United Federation of Travelers and its allied civilizations, including the Galactic Hub.
- 2017, October 26 - Kotaku published an article, "How to Get to the Galactic Hub in No Man's Sky," which covers navigating to the Galactic Hub.
- 2018, June 6 - Kotaku published an article, "No Man's Sky Players are Volunteering to be Space Cops", which talks about the formation of the Galactic Hub Defense Force.
- 2018, June 13- Kotaku published an article, "No Man's Sky's Latest Trend - Elaborate Espionage", which references the Galactic Hub Defense Force, and a Security Office investigation.
- 2017, March 31 - Red Bull published an article about aspects of the No Man's Sky meta-game, "The fans making their own games in No Man's Sky", including the Hub, to the gaming journalism section of their website.
- 2018, February 16 - Red Bull published an article, "Why there's never been a better time to revisit No Man's Sky". The article contains references to the Galactic Hub.
- 2017, September 15 - Archaeogaming's No Man's Sky Archaeological Survey (NMAS) has published a number of articles involving archaeology in the Galactic Hub Project Legacy Region, with the first being published on September 15, 2017.
- 2019, August 29 - This Is the Player Who Runs the Largest Spy Agency in No Man’s Sky, an article focused on MrJordanMurphy's work in the Galactic Hub Security Office, and the Galactic Hub Defense Force.
- 2017, November 22 - Vice Brazil published an article, "A história dos jogadores que trouxeram vida ao vazio de 'No Man's Sky' ("The story of players that brought life to the void of No Man’s Sky"). (English translation)
- 2019, August 23 - USgamer published an article, "Meet the No Man's Sky Chefs Who are Running Restaurants at the End of the Universe". This article focuses mostly on long-time interloper hollyvalero's Galaxy Donuts franchise, and also gives a spotlight to Hub affiliate & YouTuber XainesWorld.
- 2018, September 26 - Cracked published an article, "6 Delightfully Wholesome Ways to Play Famous Video Games". The article includes a section about the Galactic Hub.
- 2017, March 25 - German gaming journalism website Gamepro published a (largely inaccurate) article on the Hub, [No Man's Sky - Wie sich die Community das Versprechen vom Multiplayer selbst erfüllt (How the community fulfills the promise of multiplayer itself)]. This article mentions odd practices that aren't known to actually occur, like selling the location of NMS gold deposits for real-world money.
Archaeogaming[edit | edit source]
- 2017, Sept 15 - The Lost City of D: Archaeology in the Legacy Hub of No Man's Sky. A rigorous archaeological examination of the Atlas Rises-era remnants of Drogradur NO425, the Pathfinder-and-prior-era capital planet for the Hub.
Player-made Content[edit | edit source]
- 2017, April 18 - War Erupts in the Hub by GalacticNewsNetwork, a media-front organization for the Empire of Hova.
- 2019, April 1 - Galactic Media Services, First Issue by Greylegion44. References to Hub involvement in the Federation and to the GHDF.
- 2019, April 7 - Galactic Media Services, Second Issue by Greylegion44. References to the GHDF and to new members of the Federation.
- 2019, May 5 - The Euclid Times, Issue 4 by Parallax_11. Topics include recent Federation events, an ad for the GHDF, and the beginning of aerial mapping on Mount Loper.
Misc Historic Images[edit | edit source]
March 23, 2017 - Posted by GtaHov