Tinker and Transports
|This page fills the role of Headquarters for a Company organization. The information found here represents a user-created Company that is a creative addition to the game.|
|Tinker and Transports|
|Type||Professional Service Corporation (PSC)|
|Services||Junk trade and refining, ship recovery and rebuilding, blockade running and high risk delivery|
Tinker and Transport is a company.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Tinker and Transport (nicknamed "Tinker's") is a company in No Man's Sky.
Tinker's main area of interest is based in the Nurinas Nebula region of the Euclid galaxy, but you never know where a salvaged data pad or rumour about some lost transport may lead a Tinker's workcrew.
No worries : Provide some good food or a round of drinks and they will proove to be good company in their downtime. Or point them towards the next abandoned transport, station or ship...
Mission[edit | edit source]
Tinker's is a diverse and expanding family business of Junkers and Scrap recovery specialists branching out to repurposing of recycled resources, small scale industry, and logistical support teams.
The various entities flying with the family are not too critical as to what exactly the definition of "free to collect scrap" means, but they do not accept open piracy or overly aggressive behaviour in business deals, preferring to live a carefree and casual life.
T&T is no crime syndicate, but also does not conform to usual corporate standards. Basically they are a bunch of social misfits and dropouts given honest work and a healthcare package and then sent to clean up other entities mess for a profit.
- Shooting down an aggressive raider or pirate to then recycle his ship is seen as a community service, and actively encouraged.
- Shooting at a legal representative or police officer except in self defense is not encouraged as "harming the family and failing to find a better solution". Violence is seen as the last refuge of the incompetent.
- Shooting at Sentinels is seen as highly inefficient but often necessary. It does not really rate as Sport, but is good practice in combat shooting.
The family pilots are well known for supporting any underdog group friendly with them and preferring a blockade running or smuggling operation to any easy trade route.
Business contracts include but are not restricted to:
- Scrap Metal trade including other refinable substances to be upcycled to nanites or fabricated commodities
- Ship recovery and rebuilding. Visit the Archive Databank for more information
- blockade running and high risk delivery
- conflict and distress aid and SAR missions
- upcycling operations and research on recycling efficiency
- small scale mining and refining operations optimised to build up or restore local industry
Location[edit | edit source]
Headquarters[edit | edit source]
The Spire is the official HQ building and serves both as logistical hub, technical center, and training facility for junior members, offering easy access to a nearby portal building. New Oisl is no Paradise, but access to the New Oisl Portal and to a whole system worth of abandoned Scrap and the mysterious pillar Planet Loung XV means a lot to a bunch of Junkers.
The repurposed Venator-line Transport "T&T Golden Hind" is providing orbital facilities and defense till this far goal is achieved.
Regions[edit | edit source]
Company branch locations can be found in these regions:
- The Spire, Star System Yanavl , Region Nurinas Nebula
- Martinique, Star System Iksovetom , Region Nurinas Nebula
- Holiday Inn, Star System Usatsu , Region Ratzingf Quadrant
- The Junkyard, Star System Uwakita , Region Ratzingf Quadrant
- The Barrens , Star System Moslaparyk , Region Purplexanga Conflux
- Spitzbergen, Star System Shunanf , Region Xapiyan Spur
Branch Offices[edit | edit source]
Tinker & Transport does not use the concept of branch offices as such, and is organised in work teams. Longtime teams tend to pick a mascot, team symbol, or nickname.
Each work team has its own foreman, either a Traveler or a member of the three known races. Most work teams form a close social bond and do not split up easily, but short time assignments such as a frigate fleet in transit during a mission form their own temporary teams, either acclaiming a member as foreman or a member being assigned by their home base administration.
In any case where a foreman is not available or known, seniority in time of service is used to define the current foreman till a formal vote is cast.
A formal vote for seniority is usually as much a social event as it is an administrative act.
Typically the first major task of a new foreman is to get his hungover team members back to stations after a wild party night.
Company Archives[edit | edit source]
T&T salvaging Operations support an open Databank for opportunities. Guests are welcome to provide or download data.
Active Salvaging operations require some sort of shelter and a Teleporter Platform for easy access from HQ or other bases. Inactive sites only require a navigational beacon.
All workcrews are requested to provide internal Logfiles for any relevant family business.
Background[edit | edit source]
There are memories of a different life left, from a life as a Freelancer, not as Traveler.
But memories are fickle things, and units or nanites are paramount to survival as much as skill or luck. And there is so much to do.
FynnMcScrap started recruiting for T&T as his crew repurposed the damaged hulk of a Venator Class Transport, offering long-time contracts to all surviving crew members and renaming the ship.
Adapting to his morals and views, the various entities are even now forming a new, stronger family.
For clarification purposes :
- A "Tinker" is a member of the family, either as a junior (probational) member or as a senior member or foreman.
- A "Junker" is a nickname for any scrap worker or demolitions / heavy industry expert working mainly in an Exosuit. Junkers tend to be proud of the moniker, and take great pleasure in individuality and creativity with their ships or lifestyle.
Partnerships[edit | edit source]
- none so far, but that may change.
To get access to more scrap, there might be outposts and trading facilities planned near many civilised regions. And the Tinkers workcrews want to use the New Oisl Portal to seek some well deserved R&R, too.
Guidelines[edit | edit source]
- We are family. We care for and defend each other.
- We will use weaponry to defend our family, our interests, and ourselves, even though we try to solve any issue through negotiation or with peaceful means if possible.
- We acknowledge territorial or official Law in the systems we inhabit or visit even if we chose to live in cooperative Consent.
- We cherish integrity over lawful conduct.
Quote : Your Word is your breath. You stand tall and fall with it. Cherish it. It is precious. It is your reputation.
Structure[edit | edit source]
The Tinkers form a cooperative group based around the "working unit". That can mean a single pilot and his salvaged shuttle, a base manager and his select group of researchers or technicians, or a Freighter captain and his associated Frigate and Fighter wings.
There is a health care and retirement contract for any "family member" including any non-workers either affixed to a working member or to a working unit as a whole, and this even includes young members or picked up dependents. Many of the Tinkers are actually either orphans or cast out from "normal society" in some form, welcomed into the family by the word of a senior member. Seniority is defined by the ability to care for and provide for your ship or teammates or dependents, giving you a full vote on internal matters and a chance to be named as "Foreman". The Foreman of a base or Fleet is the member with the most seniority, acclaimed by open vote.
Joining[edit | edit source]
You need a senior member to support you to be considered a junior member of Tinkers.
Please flag your ship or transport as part of the company by renaming it. ( Setting a T&T "Flag" at the beginning of your chosen ship name. Example : T&T Golden Hind )
As an Traveler you will be required to prove your ability to support yourself and your working group: Provide 5 Log entries with either mission details, exploration, salvaging operations, or diplomatic contacts and forward them to a senior member acting as a foreman for an operation inside the Tinkers domain.
So far there is only one active member as Traveler : The founding member and acting Foreman of the company: FynnMcScrap (Forum Name : LordFlinx )