|The subject of this article is from the Living Ship update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 6 April, 2020.
The information from this article is is up-to-date as of 6 April, 2020.
Trade routes are a facet of galactic economies.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Resources replenish slowly and the fulfilled demand at a target lowers the price for consecutive sales. Both supply and the demand recover during playtime at a slow speed. For now you have to play for it to recover. It is unknown if depletion and refill are shared, so any player present in a system can trigger it. If not, this might be a local effect per player.
This economic system prevents quick ring-trades but allows it to recover completely if a system is left alone for some time. This forces people to explore the region or stay on the move.
The second best tradeable has a relatively high demand compared to the best tradeable, so prices are stable for longer periods if production is met. Also note that all local planets share the same production and demand pool, but the space station has its own. This means if a planet is out of tradeables of a certain type and was the highest producer in the system, no other planetary port will have it either, but the space station might have it or still pay well. Normally the space station offers the worst prices.
Advice[edit | edit source]
- An easy bridge to remember the two trade routes are the terms ITEM and CAR. Industrial-Technological-Energy-Mine and Commercial-Alchemy-Research.
- Create several trade routes of good systems so you can switch between them during recovery. It should be noted that players cannot affect other players prices. So don't be afraid to share them.
- If you don't have many trade routes, make sure you scout the planets for the port with the best prices and the one with the highest production. If one has 50 and the other has 75, buying at the bad port will put the other at -25. You won't find the goods there anymore. Always buy at the best first if you want to maximize profit and then buy at the best producer to maximize trade goods.
- Keep an eye on the space station prices. If the planets drop too low, sell there. Always sell in bulk, as the reduced price hits after the fact.
- Continue to explore more high value systems to not run dry.
Trading overview[edit | edit source]
|System||Buys from||Sells to|
Release history[edit | edit source]
Atlas Rises - Blind ring-trade no longer works.