Traveling to Another Galaxy
This page describes options for switching galaxies.
Summary[edit | edit source]
There are two known methods to traverse to another galaxy. Each has a different set of priorities and methods.
Artemis Path transfer[edit | edit source]
At the end of The Purge (the final mission of the Artemis Path), the player is asked to either stay in the current galaxy, or be transferred to another galaxy. If the player chooses to change galaxies, they get to choose the type of their next galaxy. This style of galaxy transfer can only occur at most once per save.
Galactic Centre objective[edit | edit source]
If the player follows the Galactic Centre objective on the Galactic Map to its destination, opening the Galaxy Map in that final system and selecting the objective while the starship's Hyperdrive is fully charged will allow the player to warp to the centre and immediately transfer to the next galaxy (triggering Take a Deep Breath or To Live Forever if on Survival or Permadeath Game modes).
Cautions for galactic transfer[edit | edit source]
Cautions should be made, however, as entering a new galaxy causes these things to happen:
- Player will land on a new planet in the new galaxy. However, players may freely travel to previously constructed bases in any galaxy. Be aware that after reaching the allotted base limit, no new bases will appear in the teleporter destination list until at least one previous Base Computer is deleted. Base computer(s) constructed after reaching the limit must be interacted with again after the removal of a previous base in order to appear in the teleporter destination list.
- Tech upgrades installed in the general inventory of player's exosuit, and all modules and upgrades in the multi-tool, will be broken and need repair. Modules in the exosuit's technology slots are unaffected.
- Player's active ship will have all general inventory modules broken and need repair. Modules in the starship's technology slots are unaffected.
Easing the transfer[edit | edit source]
Some preparations that may ease the travel:
- Scrap existing bases for materials, if there is a shortage.
- Consider setting up a Freighter base if one does not already exist.
- Complete objectives for missions such as Base Computer Archives which must be completed at a specific location - objectives of this type will become impossible to complete after a galaxy transfer.
- Have some common materials (such as Carbon, Oxygen, Sodium, and Ferrite Dust) in inventory, to make initial repair to Exosuit Scanner, ship Launch Thruster, and Pulse Drive.
- Full repair of the Exosuit and the multi-tool requires significant number of Wiring Looms (up to 20-30 depending on the existing inventories), 4-5 Carbon Nanotubes, and some module-specific resources (e.g. Magnetised Ferrite for Scatter Blaster repairs.
- Use a spare multi-tool right before making the choice to jump to a new galaxy to avoid having to repair more modules on the player's main multi-tool.
- Use a spare ship right before making the choice to jump to a new galaxy, to avoid having to repair more modules on the player's main ship.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Synthesis - travel between bases in other galaxies was added