United Colonies of New Sol
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
|This page fills the role of Embassy for a Civilized Space community. The information found here represents a user-created civilization that is a creative addition to the game.|
|United Colonies of New Sol|
|Type||Fanfiction / Roleplay / Militant / Research|
The United Colonies of New Sol is the former name of a civilized space community.
- 1 Summary
- 2 Background
- 3 What is an Anomaly?
- 4 Anomaly Guidelines
- 5 Uniforms, Positions, and Sign-up
- 6 Systems Discovered
- 7 Anomalies Discovered
- 8 Rules
- 9 Gallery
- 10 NOTICE TO ALL UCNS PERSONNEL
Summary[edit | edit source]
Formerly a Civilized space research community, it was absorbed into the Nomads, and the name was charged to the Nomad Research Division, colloquially know within the Nomads as the NRD, or Nerds.
During it's short existence, the UCNS was a group of highly trained scientists and soldiers, devoted to seeking out and containing Anomalies. It started in the New Sol system in the Hezavia region of the Eissentam galaxy. After multiple and simultaneous containment failures, the group was disbanded. What was left was quickly absorbed into the Nomad Mercenaries.
Old Mission[edit | edit source]
The mission statement of the UCNS was twofold:
- To research and contain Anomalies, as well as studying environmental data and the behaviors of flora and fauna.
- To preserve the lives of all we encounter, and destroy anything or anyone that would threaten the sovereignty of the UCNS and our mission
New Mission[edit | edit source]
We had become the research division of the Nomad Mercenaries We aided the main branch of the Nomads in understanding and neutralizing dangerous Anomalies. We also kept track of the star systems discovered by the Nomads.
Background[edit | edit source]
The UCNS first arose in the Early Days. After Anomalies began to pop up all over the universe, the Administrator put the plans in motion to create a research foundation to study and contain them. He attempted to disguise it as another civilian hub; it worked, and hundreds of Anomalies were studied and stabilized, contained, or neutralized. However, a mutiny took place only three years after the UCNS was founded, and the resulting war destroyed most of the faction. The few members who weren't killed eventually abandoned their work and scattered to the stars. All of them but one. The Administrator would not give up, and until a short time ago, he upheld the mission own his own. When the Administrator began to seek out new recruits, something shook him, and he stepped down. Shortly after this, an enigmatic mercenary group pulled what was left of the UCNS into it's fold, and now.... a new chapter has begun.
What is an Anomaly?[edit | edit source]
An Anomaly is an object, planet, or lifeform that does not follow the rules of our reality. Whether they are from alternate timelines, or entirely different universes, they all pose a threat of some kind to the safety and stability of the baseline universe. Therefore, they must be located, studied, and neutralized. If neutralization is impossible, containment is the next best thing.
Baseline universe[edit | edit source]
What is the Baseline Universe? It is nothing more than the entirety of the known universe we live in. It's reality as we know it.
So far, 256 galaxies are known to exist, although there are a few reports of a 257th, as well as upwards of seven "negative" galaxies that cannot be reached through normal means.
However, running parallel to our reality, there is an unfathomable number of alternate realities and timelines. Very few have ever seen these alternate universes, and those who do are irreversibly affected, their minds rewired completely. Those that can still form coherent sentences can only ramble endlessly about something they call "The World of Glass". They claim it is a sunless world, yet somehow the sky glows a brilliant shade of green, and an "obsidian moon" can be seen above it. This world can apparently be found in every universe. Whether this is true, or the ramblings of shattered minds, it is imperative that this world be located, if for no other reason than to confirm it's existence.
Anomaly Guidelines[edit | edit source]
When encountering Anomalies, standard naming won't work, as we need to be able to easily locate them.
So, when naming an anomalous world, do as such: "Name" (Anomaly Type)
You may be wondering what "anomaly type" means.
Allow me to enlighten you.
Anomaly Types[edit | edit source]
Below is a list of known Anomaly types, and their codifying names within our databanks.
- Beams planets are identified with (Beam)
- Bone Spire planets are identified with (Bone)
- Bubble planets are identified with (Bubble)
- Contour planets are identified with (Contour)
- Fract Cube planets are identified with (Cube)
- Hexagon planets are identified with (Hex)
- Hydro Garden planets are identified with (Hydro)
- Irri Shells planets are identified with (Shell)
- M-Structure planets are identified with (Virus)
- Shards planets are identified with (Glass)
- Wire Cell planets are identified with (Cell)
- Glitch planets are identified with (Corrupt)
- Chromatic Aberration planets are identified with (Chromatic)
If you wish to know what these look like, consult this page to learn more.
Uniforms, Positions, and Sign-up[edit | edit source]
Uniforms[edit | edit source]
For ease of recognition, all UCNS personnel must wear a standard uniform. These uniforms' base colors must be white or gray. This is to help the color coded highlights on your suit stand out. These highlights are used to denote your role.
The suit style does not matter as long as the colors match your corresponding role.
Personnel who distinguish themselves may swap their suit's base color to black to signify their high rank.
ALERT: Due to our merging with the Nomad Mercenaries group, uniforms are no longer a requirement.
Positions[edit | edit source]
The top position in the hierarchy, and the one that holds the most authority, is Administrator. This role consists of a combination of all roles of the mission, as well as the leadership and general upkeep of the faction.
- Original Administrator post held by Pix3Ls_433, the founder of the UCNS. He was denoted by the white highlights on his black suit.
- 1/22/2019 - Pix3Ls_433 steps down as the Administrator of the UCNS. The position is now up for grabs to whomever wants to accept the responsibility.
- 1/29/2019 - The UCNS absorption into the Nomad Mercenaries group is made official. Preservers are converted into the fighting force of the Nomads, and Researchers are placed in the Research Division. The Administrator position is closed permanently.
- 2/10/2019 - Both the NRD and the Nomads themselves have parted ways. This organization is now up for grabs.
After the Administrator are the two standard branches.
- Preservers, who are responsible for the defense of assets, members, and inhabitants of their chosen region, and the erasure of any who would seek to inhibit our mission. They are denoted by the red highlights on their gray suits. NOTICE: Preserver positions are no longer available. Consult the notice below for information.
- Researchers, who are responsible for the experimentation, documentation, and study of glitches, anomalies, flora, and fauna. They are denoted by the blue highlights on their white suits.
Sign-up[edit | edit source]
If you wish to join, add your name to the list below. NOTICE: All persons who sign their name to this list are automatically signed into the ranks of the Nomads. It is a pleasure to have you.
Systems Discovered[edit | edit source]
|Name||Region||Galaxy||Spectral Class||Star Type||Total Worlds||Water Worlds||Anomalous Worlds||Moons||Race||Economy||Wealth||Threat Level|
|Imaxas||Esdaibai||Eissentam||G7pf||Yellow||Four||One||Two||None||Gek||Advanced Materials (Metal Processing)||Satisfactory (Medium)||Formidable (High)|
|Oltha||Tozalco Shallows||Eissentam||G5p||Yellow||Four||One||One||None||Gek||High Tech (Engineering)||Low Supply (Low)||Testy (Medium)|
|Name||Region||Galaxy||Spectral Class||Star Type||Total Worlds||Water Worlds||Anomalous Worlds||Race||Economy||Wealth||Threat Level||Discovered By|
Anomalies Discovered[edit | edit source]
|System||Name||Anomaly Type||Discovered By|
Rules[edit | edit source]
Rules for this organization include:
- No unprofessional behavior.
- No vulgar displays or buildings.
- Must fulfill your role to the letter.
- Must follow all guidelines listed above.
- Follow the main rule of the Nomad Mercenaries as well as those listed above.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
NOTICE TO ALL UCNS PERSONNEL[edit | edit source]
As of 1/29/2019, The UCNS has been absorbed into the Nomad Mercenaries, with Researchers functioning as their research division, and Preservers adding to the fighting force of the group.. Consult their page for further information.