|The subject of this article is from the initial release.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 25 November, 2016.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 26 November, 2016.
|Update date||21 August 2016|
|Previous update||Next update|
|Update 1.05 on no-mans-sky.com|
Update 1.05 is the third update to No Man's Sky released on 21 August 2016 to both PC and Playstation 4.
For patch 2 our focus was on the most reported bugs or crashes. Our aim was to improve stability, and make sure player's saves are safe in future.
Stuck under the world[edit | edit source]
- It was possible for players to save their game stuck under the terrain, leaving them stuck. This was caused by getting shot down in atmosphere, and their ship reaching ridiculous speeds as it crashed to the planet. This has been resolved.
- Whilst it won't happen anymore, if you are currently already stuck under the world, we detect this and do our best to rescue you.
Crash after warping[edit | edit source]
- Occasionally at random the game would lock up after a warp, or return to desktop. This was due to very specific timing in hardware (a threading specific bug) – meaning that unfortunately for some people it was regular, and for others they would never be able to recreate it. This was our most reported crash during gameplay, and has now been resolved.
Game failing to save until you died[edit | edit source]
- If the player died, and then loaded the game ten times without saving, and then died, player progress wouldn't be saved from then on until you died again. This is fixed now! This was also causing player's saves to grow in size.
Crash fixes in scanning[edit | edit source]
- Quite a rare crash, but in certain scenarios it was possible to scan from space or on planet and crash the game.
Crash warping inside a freighter[edit | edit source]
- When warping into a battle sometimes the player warped into the inside of a freighter and everything went crazy :( – This is fixed now.