The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
|Update date||29 November 2018|
|Previous update||Next update|
|Update 1.76 on nomanssky.com|
Update 1.76 is the 42nd update to No Man's Sky.
Summary[edit | edit source]
It addresses crashes, bugfixes, and new game content. The previous update is Update 1.75.
Hidden Changes[edit | edit source]
Actual text[edit | edit source]
It’s now been a week since we released Visions, and we’re so happy to see players discovering and enjoying the new colour palettes, exotic landscapes, flora and fauna, and new rare items and curiosities to collect! We think we’ve succeeded in enhancing the sci-fi aesthetic of No Man’s Sky, and making the universe a little bit stranger – something we hope to continue doing in the future.
Today, we are releasing a patch to address a few gameplay and stability issues. We also wanted to write a small development update to highlight some community activity and reflect on the status of the ongoing two-week research mission.
Community Research Update[edit | edit source]
Specialist Polo and Priest Entity Nada have detected another shift in the fabric of realities – an aftershock of the universal regeneration that occurred only a few months ago. Dead planets have awakened and twisted into strange new environments, and Polo invites their explorer friends to first discover the anomalous flora sprouting on one of these exotic biomes, then discover as much flora as possible across the entire universe.
Perhaps as another result of this aftershock, something has changed in how the Space Anomaly is receiving and processing data. The boundaries between realities are weaker than ever. The discoveries of all Traveller iterations now contribute to a cross-reality data pool, and universal progress will unlock additional items at the Quicksilver Synthesis Bot.
Progress may also be tracked from the Galactic Atlas website.
From the Quicksilver Synthesis Bot[edit | edit source]
Tier 0 Items[edit | edit source]
3 varieties of fireworks can be constructed outside to dazzle fellow explorers with colourful pyrotechnic displays in the skies. Not recommended for indoor use.
Tier 1 Items[edit | edit source]
3 new gestures to express disbelief or heroism, or to gaze stoically towards the horizon.
Tier 2 Item[edit | edit source]
A Pocket Reality Generator, to generate a universe at a miniature scale.
Tier 3 Item[edit | edit source]
Finally, the Eye of the Korvax helmet introduces a sleek new customisation option.
Community Spotlight[edit | edit source]
We’re aware that some kind members of the community have nominated No Man’s Sky in the Steam Awards – thank you for the support, it means so much to us!
We’ve continued to see some great screenshots and fan artworks…
Credit to /u/Jack_Brown_Jnr, /u/TheMarco, /u/258100, and /u/captain_inapropriate.
We loved this WIP painting by u/Inkscapade
And this Gek character art by /u/hooklinedreamer
Development Update[edit | edit source]
The patch notes for Update 1.76 are below, with these fixes releasing for all platforms today. Thank you for playing!
Thank you so much, Sean
Patch 1.76[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue where the Farmer would request that Coprite was planted without the player knowing the Coprite recipe.
- Fixed an issue where the Farmer would teach the wrong Nip Nip recipe.
- Fixed an issue where commas were missing from some large numbers in mission notifications.
- Fixed an issue where some of the new hazardous flora would not appear on certain planet types.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Big Ball to become permanently stuck in a refiner output (this fix prevents any new occurrences, existing blocked refiners continue to be blocked).
- Fixed an issue that caused too few crates to spawn near buildings.
- Fixed an issue that prevented grenades from firing while the Blaze Javelin is equipped.
- Improved the appearance of the Bubble Cluster and Glitching Separator when displayed in your base.
- Fixed a collision issue with the Portable Reality Generator.
- Fixed a collision issue with the ceiling of the space station.
- Fixed an issue that could cause debug strings to be visible when selling items at a trade terminal.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed the placement of infinite fireworks.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Community Mission Tier progress to be incorrectly reported in the Log.
- Fixed an issue that could allow players to hand in the maximum Community Mission contribution during the wrong dialogue, causing the “Continue” option in the final dialogue to be disabled.
- Fixed a Community Mission exploit when the server couldn’t be reached.
- Fixed an issue where the Quicksilver Shop would only charge for one item when multiple items were purchased simultaneously.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when warping a freighter in multiplayer.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing Community Research progress in the Log.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in multiplayer when encountering anomalous creatures.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when encountering strange rocks.