We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|The subject of this article is from the Beyond update.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 27 November, 2019.
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 27 November, 2019.
|Update date||30 Oct 2019|
|Platform(s)||PS4, PC, Xbox|
|Previous update||Next update|
Update 2.15 is the 67th official update to No Man's Sky.
Summary[edit | edit source]
It addresses new features and weekly community missions. The previous update is Update 2.14.
Hidden Changes[edit | edit source]
Actual text[edit | edit source]
There’s been a lot going on since our last development update. The team has been working hard to bring you bug fixes and quality of life improvements, with a huge number of things fixed in the three updates since our last blog post.
You’ve all been hard at work too: producing amazing artwork; building spectacular bases; and unlocking the first community goal of Beyond, a brand new Vy'keen-inspired suit of armour. Even now, you’re making great progress on the second event to unlock the likenesses of Travellers Gemini, Mercury and Ares.
Patch 2.15 releases today on all platforms. It introduces a number of new features to bring the community together and highlight the amazing work you do: a showcase for the best community bases, and brand new weekly missions.
Weekend Missions[edit | edit source]
Very shortly, the Space Anomaly's first weekend mission will go live. Nada's spacetime loom has detected a concerning pattern resonating across the universe, and they need help from their explorer friends to investigate. Readings indicate a disturbance in reality, where an anomalous – and possibly sinister – force has begun to leak through to this universe…
These weekend missions, which bring explorers together on a specific planet, will tell a story that will unfold over the coming months. They also offer significant quicksilver rewards…
Travellers who wish to participate will find a new chapter available at the Nexus each week, from Friday evenings (GMT) until early Monday morning.
If you miss a weekend, don't worry. These missions will continue to run for the foreseeable future. We are so excited to see what happens when you all start exploring a single planet together!
Featured Bases[edit | edit source]
One of the things we like seeing most is the ingenious bases that you folks build. We watch the community closely and it’s always a joy – and a surprise! – to see the things you use the game to create. We wanted to find a way to highlight this brilliant work and bring it to the greatest number of players.
From now on you will be able to visit the Space Anomaly Teleporter to see a selection of the best bases we’ve come across. We hope it will showcase all you talented builders, and bring every player an ever-changing cycle of spectacular planets and architectural creativity.
We remain on the lookout for ever-more imaginative bases which we can feature in future. If you’d like your base to be featured, please include your portal coordinates, current galaxy, username and platform when you post it. This will help us find it quickly and bring it to wider attention. We can’t wait to see what you make!
(Credit to nmskibbles for this incredible base, which will be one of the first Featured Bases on display in the Space Anomaly Teleporter)
Community Spotlight[edit | edit source]
The community has been as active as ever continuing to share discoveries and creations. Here are some of our favourites.
As usual, you’ve found some spectacular places to take screenshots:
We loved this landscape painting by turtlesalad711:
And we had our minds blown by these cinemagraphs by the ever impressive AcoupleofIrishfolk:
Development Update[edit | edit source]
Beyond brought a lot of new players into the game, as well as drawing back in a large number of old friends. We’ve been seeing some of our highest player numbers since launch, and with a wide variety of playstyles: VR and non-VR, lone travellers and multiplayer mini-factions, base-builders and explorers.
The wishlist of improvements and features continues to grow ever longer as our community grows. Your feedback – and your love for the game – are a vitally important part of the No Man’s Sky journey.
While today's update shows off a pair of new features, other members of the team have been hard at work on an update that will address a whole heap of community requests. We hope to be able to release this fairly soon. We take your suggestions and priorities very seriously when working out what to work on, so if there are things you want to add to ever-evolving list then please let us know through the usual channels.
Patch 2.15 is live on all platforms today, with the notes available below. There is much more coming very soon.
Thank you so much for playing. It really means a lot to us.
2.15 Patch Notes[edit | edit source]
- Added Featured Bases to the teleporter on the Space Anomaly.
- The list of featured bases will change periodically to highlight the best the base building community has to offer.
- The Featured Bases lists allows anyone aboard the Space Anomaly to easily visit and be inspired by other base creators.
- Bases featured in the list are protected to keep them as their architect intended.
- Added a new series of story-based mission to the Nexus.
- These missions are available each weekend and will advance over the course of the coming months.
- These missions are highlighted when viewing the Nexus mission board and reward a large amount of Quicksilver.
- Missions will involve using a portal to travel to a unique destination. This destination is shared across the entire community.
- Fixed an issue that caused galactic generation on PS4 to be out of sync with other platforms. This caused some system to vanish with the arrival of Beyond. These systems have been fully restored. As a result, however, some of the new and erroneously-created systems have been hidden on the galaxy map. These systems can still be visited via teleporter if bases have been established there.
- Fixed a number of issues related to the display of base screenshots in the Space Anomaly Teleporter list.
- Fixed an issue that caused reported bases to linger in the save-game of those who reported them.
- Allowed bases to be reported via the Build Menu, for instances where the base computer is not locatable.
- Added an autosave when handing in a mission on the Nexus.
- Added a community goal progress tracker above the Quicksilver shop in the Space Anomaly.
- Added a notification to clarify that your position is not saved while undertaking a multiplayer mission from the Nexus.
- Added the name of the current galaxy to the Galactic Map.
- Increased the stack size of Living Pearls.
- Added an icon to Kelp Sacs that appears when scanned, similar to sodium and oxygen-rich plants.
- Fixed an issue that caused long load times and poor performance around bases with complex power and wiring setups.
- Fixed an issue that caused tagged markers not to clear when their object was used.
- Fixed an issue that caused glitches in water rendering when entering the atmosphere.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck when performing a gesture while seated.
- Fixed an issue where NPC ship pilots would get out of their ship and become stuck within its landing gear.
- Fixed a number of issues that prevented switches being used when visiting other bases.
- Fixed an issue where background missions can update and disrupt a Nexus mission.
- Fixed an issue where Ares had the wrong head.
- Fixed a crash in network replication.
- Fixed a number of rendering crashes.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing discoveries.