|Region||Sea of Ledindu|
|Distance to centre||818767 light‑years|
|Conflict level||Fractious (2)|
|Claimed by||Forgotten Colonies|
|This article is about the current version of Zephyrus. For the NEXT version, see Zephyrus (NEXT).|
Zephyrus is an inhabited star system.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Zephyrus is a high-tech star system on the meridian between the Alpha Quadrant and Gamma Quadrant in the Euclid galaxy. It is the extreme coordinate for the galactic x- axis on h(0) and one of the cornerstones of Euclid. It lies directly at The Fade. It is also known as the West Pole.
The system is under supervision of Resource Analyst Wahlidov. His Vy'keen contractor, Cadet Ligand, has replaced his former brethren as the declared official 'police' of the system. As for many a Gek corporation, they are just mercenaries. Specialist Sujun is the loyal and trusted aid of Wahlidov and has been deployed to assist him. His watchful eye and expertise aids the corporation in exploiting the resources and Korvax pilgrims to even greater heights. Vy'keen Guard Unu ensures the safety of the Gek and higher corporate officials on the station itself. The security remains MEDIUM!
Aboard the space station the Gek offer a botanic garden now. The new station personal decided to ditch the old supply depot and basic greenhouse for a proper way to sell produce to visitors.
Alias names[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
|This section is Fan Fiction. The information found here is not an actual part of the released game, but a user-invented addition to the wiki.|
The system was under supervision of Employee Gament. But nothing really changed under his successor from the corporation. The prestige of being the west pole never bolstered the economy of Zephyrus, but the Gek at least kept the dangerous 'tourism' under control with their Vy'keen mercenaries. While the loss of Zephyrus Prime One to the rogue sentinels has been painful, the exploitation of Zephyrus 1 has increased after the anomaly remade it into a proper world with atmosphere, albeit radioactive. However due to its proximity, it became the new Zephyrus Prime.
Between the anomaly and the Atlassian birthcycle, the system was under supervision of Employee Kulert. His Vy'keen contractor, Enforcer Gagq, had been declared the official 'police' of the system. Like many Gek corporations, in truth they were just mercenaries. The corporation met a major loss on the former Zephyrus Prime when the rogue sentinels hindered exploitation and ruined the climate. However, Diovis and Zephyrus 1 had become far more profitable endeavors for exploitation cost and colonization.
Later on those exploits increased and Employee Kulert was replaced with the expert Resource Analyst Wahlidov. Under his watchful eyes the corporation hopes to achieve even more profits and the Vy'keen presence has been increased to ensure they do.
Further trade routes with the Korvax were established after Messenger of Atlas had been seen in Zephyrus and alerted the Korvax to the system's relevance.
Zephyrus as of the Atlassian birthcycle is one of the longest consistent corporate governments in the Outer Rim.
Planets & Moons[edit | edit source]
- Zephyrus Prime was once the lifeless rock known as Zephyrus 1. After the old gaia moon of Diovis was ruined by rogue sentinels, it has become the new primary colony in the system when the temporal anomaly restored its former atmosphere and turned it into a radioactive pangean ringworld. The alpha storms reach up to 11 Rad and are classified as extreme hazards.
- Diovis status as a scorched world has changed. Over time the atmosphere became more humid. The many remnants of its former state did turn it into a pangean toxic world. The Gek are used to radioactive and toxic enviroments, but hate dry land. Thus it was still a blessing to them!
- Diovis Minor, the former Zephyrus 2A was once inhabitable, but a terraforming accident ruined the world long ago. The anomaly never revived it and it remained a lifeless moon with no atmosphere but with easy exploitation. It was the deathwroes of the Atlas that allowed the corruption to take hold of this dead world, turning the formerly lifeless satellite into an exotic pangean moon under influence of the Contour-Web.
- Diovis Major is the former Zephyrus Prime. It was a continental gaia moon and trade center of the system. Zephyrus Prime was home to at least two 'dragon' species, one nesting right at its portal. Today it has been overrun with frenzied rogue sentinels and its atmosphere has been ruined by their rage. While the pangean toxic world would be fine for the Gek, the sentinels still hunt any sapient life they find. After the anomaly, a variant of the Pantherdragon had been seen on the planet, but its status is unknown.
- Dria is a planet that formed during the recent birthcycle of the Atlas. While it is a pangean gaia world, it has immediately fallen under the control of the rogue sentinels that seem resistant to any gaia world being available in Zephyrus and might try to offer it the same fate as Diovis Major.
Lifeforms[edit | edit source]
Planets[edit | edit source]
- Former Life, Status Unknown
Moiriusii Upida ('Dragon Species'), Status Unknown
Rimosaeum Euea ('Dragon Species'), Status Unknown
Starships[edit | edit source]
- Overall: 7 Shuttles, 3 Fighter, 3 Explorer, 7 Hauler, 1 Exotic, 3 Freighter, 1 Capital Freighter
Encounters[edit | edit source]
- Messenger of Atlas are known to frequent the system. It is unknown if they try to bring the rogue sentinels back into their fold.
Technology[edit | edit source]
Trade[edit | edit source]
General: Sell 51.8% / Buy -20.2%