Autonomous Mining Unit
The information from this article is up-to-date as of 22 November, 2018.
|Autonomous Mining Unit|
|Type||Portable mining device|
|This article is about the technology version of the abbreviation AMU. For the planet Amu in the star system Amy, see Amu.|
Autonomous Mining Unit is a base building product.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Autonomous Mining Unit is a base building product used to increase the efficiency of mining resources. It can extract the planet's Resource Deposits without the need for constant supervision and without depleting them.
Bug: The Autonomous Mining Unit can mine an incorrect resource from Resource Deposits. This was supposed to be fixed in the NEXT 1.63 update. Please report this bug here.
Game description[edit | edit source]
An automated harvester for the mining of resources. Once activated, the AMU extracts minerals without the need for supervision, providing a regular yield until the site is exhausted.
Build[edit | edit source]
Autonomous Mining Unit returns resources when dismantled on a base, but only if the player has enough inventory space.
Fuel sources[edit | edit source]
Additional information[edit | edit source]
- Once installed, a red light will flash on the top of the device while it is working. It will slowly grow in size as the resource is harvested. Once full, the light will turn green.
- When installing an AMU, be sure to place a beacon nearby, or it will be hard to locate later.
- A fully charged device will harvest a maximum of 250 units over a time period of roughly 60 minutes.
- The device can not be picked up but it can be deleted for a full refund like any other base item when in construction range of a base.
Release history[edit | edit source]
- Foundation] - Added as a base building product.
- Atlas Rises - Blueprint changed, formerly used Voltaic cell, Insulating Gel, and Copper wire.
- NEXT - Blueprint changed, formerly used Voltaic cell, Heat Capacitor, and Lubricant.
- NEXT 1.63 - Fixed an issue that caused the AMU to mine an incorrect resource from Resource Deposits. Wiki note: This bug is still not fixed entirely.